Hating your job, loving your life

Rumplestiltskin

Kind of in relation to this thread, I thought I would share some stupid doubts and concerns I can't get out of my head:

-How come everyone seems to find so easily a career they want to pursue when 99% of the professions are painfully boring?
-Isn't it a tiny bit incoherent to say that you love life despite hating having to go to work every day?
-What are you supposed to do when you can only be employed in jobs you're not interested in?
-Why does everyone expect you to be happy even when you're forced to live off a job that you don't like?

It should work like this:

job_life.jpg

Lilly789

-How come everyone seems to find so easily a career they want to pursue when 99% of the professions are painfully boring?

They are 99% boring TO YOU. I know a lot of people who do love their jobs and would probably keep working in some capacity at least if they won the lotto and become millionaires (even if I think they're crazy).
Then I know others who hate their job.
either way, I dont know ANYONE who was able to find a career "so easily" that they want to pursue... most struggle, its a learning game. Some people will like their careers for a while, then hate them and vice versa.
Im not sure why youve applied your own opinions to the rest of the world here.

-Isn't it a tiny bit incoherent to say that you love life despite hating having to go to work every day?

Life / Job, two completely different things. A job does not define a person from their own perspective on their inside, nor take up their entire lives, unless they are depressed or have a personality issue or something else. I have HATED my job previously, but not hated my life in general. If a persons life is their job, they need to get a life ;)

-What are you supposed to do when you can only be employed in jobs you're not interested in?

Re-educate yourself and / or start your own business...
There's lots of things you can do - you have the entire worlds knowledge at your own googlyfingertips, for free. It sounds like youre stuck in a rut or depressed, rather than actually not knowing what you can do. Big difference.

-Why does everyone expect you to be happy even when you're forced to live off a job that you don't like?

who is "everyone"?? I dont know ANYONE who would expect you to be happy when your stuck in a full time job you hate that makes you depressed.

Lastly, that image is naive. The answers to "Do you like your job" are never as simple as "yes", "no" and "dont have one". There's a million shades of grey.

sorry to sound harsh, but maybe its time to reassess what the problem actually is... it doesnt sound like its *really* your job.