Hated Today

whos_that_girl

Thanksgiving again, and again I feel horrible. All I did today was visit my brother in a psych hospital, cry and cry more. I'm tired of being this alone, but I really do not have any idea of if it will get any better or not. Yes I can try to meet people, and I do meet people, but then they are put off by my friendly but too quiet personality. I think I could talk more, it's just that i've been very quiet since about 13, 20 years now. I try to remind myself that I am not the only person who is suffering emotionally. It's just so painful for me, that I have to talk about it or it will drive me into the hospital again. I was hoping to feel better tday but the new doc I saw yesterday hardly looked at me when he talked, and mumbled what he was saying about the meds. He wants me to take Paxil, Staterra and Invega. Invega though has SERIOUS potential side effects like heart failure, coma, involuntary tics, etc. They all have side effects and i'm sick of wanting to take them, then getting worried about taking them. I want to be better but i'm scared, very scared.

Enialis227

I take some medications that have some really dangerous side effects. One of which is Seroquel that carries the danger of tardive dyskinesia, a neurological disorder that is incurable and causes involuntary muscle movement. And tomorrow I am about to ask my doctor to UP my dosage of it; because even though the risk of serious side effects are there, they are slim, and I know that the medication is helping me.

All medications have side effects that nobody wants, but most people will never have to worry about any of them. I take 7 mediations regularly, and I experience only two or three light side effects total. So far, I have only had 2 serous reactions, but those happened because the medication was agitating a disorder I already have, it wasn't something with the medication itself.
I say take the meds, and give them a chance to work. If they do give you some side effects, or you don't like the way they feel, or they don't work or whatever, then you can always stop taking them. The decision to try medication isn't necessarily permanent, and it is worth a shot because they have the potential to literally change your life; for the better.

Last edited:

Helyna

There are ways out of this besides meds. Maybe they'll help you, but you never know! Therapy is known to help, meds are questionable. I've never heard of Invega, which might be a bad sign, considering how much I've read. Anyway, you should not take multiple drugs at once! Doesn't sound like that doctor cares, either.
People do recover...

Enialis227

There are ways out of this besides meds. Maybe they'll help you, but you never know! Therapy is known to help, meds are questionable. I've never heard of Invega, which might be a bad sign, considering how much I've read. Anyway, you should not take multiple drugs at once! Doesn't sound like that doctor cares, either.
People do recover...

What is wrong with taking multiple drugs at once?

Silvox Black

Medication is not always necessary my dear...I believe that finding people who are empathetic enough and intelligent enough to understand you can work wonders far greater than medication can. I certainly hope that you will be able to speak and find like-minded people here and in your life. Having someone to confide in will make your trials far less strenuous to sustain.

Enialis227

Medication is not always necessary my dear...I believe that finding people who are empathetic enough and intelligent enough to understand you can work wonders far greater than medication can.

Nope, when medication works like it is supposed to, it is like magic. Take the pill every day, feel better. Its quite simple.

Notoosure

The medacine game is scary, I hate the ups and downs, it's likeu r an experiment or somthin. It's wierd if u have high blood pressure, u take this pill and it works. Why not so with theas drugs,,,,

Enialis227

1. You have multiple potential side effects
2. The drugs can interact, and doctors don't necessarily know how.

1. If you read all of the possible side-effects of most over-the-counter drugs that people take every day; it would floor you.
Side effects really aren't something to worry about, I will give my example again: I take 7 medications a day and experience maybe two side effects regularly: drowsiness and some problems starting to urinate. And the funny thing is, I could kill the drowsiness by taking my all of my medications at night instead of just some if I wanted, but the placebo of taking something when I wake up is fairly valuable to me; And the urination problem might not even be the medication, I have had two operations done in the past to that area, but I will acknowledge that it might be the meds.

2. The interactions of medications are very well documented. If you don't believe me, look some up; and I don't mean online, go to a book-store and grab a drug reference guide and page through it.

Silvox Black

Nope, when medication works like it is supposed to, it is like magic. Take the pill every day, feel better. Its quite simple.

Yet the ever present side effects, potential risks, and constant regimen of multiple pills is not a very beneficial thing to have each day, is it?