Hated by millions

planetweirdo

I feel like millions of people hate me because of the political party I support. I feel like millions of people hate me because of my race. I feel like millions of people hate me because I don't have a job and they believe that only losers don't work. I believe that millions of people hate me because I'm ugly. I think that millions of people hate me because I'm short and there are negative strereotypes about short men.

Do anyone else feel like they are hated by millions of people?

Last edited:

State_Of_Trance

I suppose I wouldn't go quite that far, but I have been thinking recently about what makes people come together and what breaks them up.

Let's say I meet you. We hit it off really well because it turns out that we read the same psychology books. We enjoy talking and it sounds like we might be friends.

But lets throw a wrench in this. Politics. Religion. Just like that it's entirely possible that you might think I'm "part of the problem" or I might think similarly of you. Suddenly our union is broken.

It seems to me that the ties that bind us together are often shallow. Once that bond is broken, then yeah, there is a sense of being "hated by millions."

BlazeBlue

I feel like millions of people hate me because of the political party I support. I feel like millions of people hate me because of my race. I feel like millions of people hate me because I don't have a job and they believe that only losers don't work. I believe that millions of people hate me because I'm ugly. I think that millions of people hate me because I'm short and there are negative stereotypes about short men.

Stereotyping and judgement are an inevitable part of life and it's impossible to please everyone. I understand how you feel. For 5+ years, I was unable to find a job despite my effort of adjusting and sending countless applications. I felt like s***, like I wasn't good enough to even deserve a phone call or consideration for a $9/hr position. And it also didn't help that other people only looked at the fact that I didn't have a job and decided that I was a lazy loser. I felt terrible about my appearance (too short and too young for my age) because I attributed it to my inability to secure an income. I hated everyone. But luckily, I didn't lose one thing, my firm belief in my own capability. It helped me through those dark times and still continues to do so to this day. I learn to ignore criticisms from people that don't even matter. If they're not making my life richer, healthier, happier, and kinder then they're worth nothing.

Cheer up! We're with you :thumbup:

It's not that they hate you, it's that they're indifferent to you which is so much worse. They can't even bother wasting a breath on hating you.

So many will go through life this way, just passing through the sidelines. Guess what? No one watches the sidelines. So guess we're SOL.

Don't complain about it though, if you're not confident and happy 100% of the time then you're an undatable, unlovable ****up.

this_portrait

The good news is that, unless you're famous, millions of people don't even know about you.

Hate is a strong feeling that often does more mental/emotional harm to the person consumed with it, and if anyone legitimately hates you for the reasons you listed, well, that's their problem, and they're the only ones who can change themselves. It's impossible to try to gain everyone's approval, and there will always be those select few dicks. At the end of the day, while their prejudices may hurt your feelings and kick your anxiety into overdrive, they're the ones who have to live with it -- you don't.

Requiescat

I'm not well known enough to feel that I am hated by that many people! LOL! I'm only 5'10, much shorter than a lot of men in my family, I have never really concerned myself with it even though I have been mocked for it. It all depends how you respond to people which results from how you feel. I don't value their thoughts, so I literally don't care about them - total neutrality. Even though I know my time is coming to be in the cross-hairs very soon for my beliefs, it doesn't bother me. And instead of concerning yourself with the views of millions, concentrate on the people and interactions you have in your own life. For every belief their is a composite, and millions - if not billions - of people who share your stance. You are not as alone as you think you are.

Bronson99

A guy says he feels hated for various reasons, and some of you reply by implying "yes, we are hated." How is that helpful?

It's not true. Why encourage self-loathing behavior?

Only irrational people would hate someone for the reasons you listed. People may disagree with what you think but it doesn't mean they hate you. Hate is a very strong word.

Everyone is different. The only thing universal thing all people have in common - is being different from one another. People who hate you for your differences are irrational.

And for the record I like short guys.

planetweirdo

The good news is that, unless you're famous, millions of people don't even know about you.

I know that I sound crazy but I think that if most people in the world knew me they wouldn't like me. This may be because I read so many comments on the internet were people say that they hate others that are like me, or make comments such as "short men are pathetic" :sad:

Last edited:

DanielLewis

No. You're thinking irrationally if you believe that many people hate you. Try to think more rationally and positively.

takeheart

Well yeah I feel hated sometimes! I feel hated by the WHOLE world. I feel defeated, I feel like hiding away. I feel rejected, I feel lonely. But I try to keep it moving, I don't give up. I know i have to love myself because i have learned that self love serves you and others. I say even if they hate me, these people probably don't love themselves anyway. One who loves themselves doesn't have time to hate or look down on others. When I feel hated, I think of my lack of self love. I know i'm allowing people who don't matter to control me. I know my lack of self love is one thing hurting me most, and lack of confidence. What the other people do or say is none of my business unless if it can help me. I have to learn self compassion and self respect. That way its easier for me to interact with others because i'm secure with myself and i can pass on my love and compassion to others. Its not easy but that's what I have to do.

onehandclapping

perhaps not millions. just because I have not come across that many people in my life, thousands though.

every time when I go out someone gives me the stinkeye, or someone looks disgusted that I am gracing them with their presence, or someone is passive aggressive towards me. counting all that up day after day, there are a lot of people that seem to obviously hate me.

Last edited: