Hate Tv makes me feel worse

arrina

I dont have a tv because it makes me feel so much more lonley anyone else have this!

lucidity

I don't understand how it makes you feel lonely. Do you mean it makes you sad to see people on TV, socializing and having great lives and relationships?

Cause for me TV is the total opposite. I find it very entertaining and I spend hours watching. If I didn't have a TV I would lose my mind.
On the other hand TV has hurt me and has definitely made my SA worse. It makes me escape reality and it numbs the pain.
I think i should start a support group for TV addicts.

Oddball

lucidity said:
I think i should start a support group for TV addicts

hahah

I don't really watch too much tv except maybe the anime on Adult Swim, It's always been video games for me, I play them all day, It makes me feel like a complete nerd knowing I spend more than 6 hours playing everyday.

LibertadIlusoria

^lol. I haven't played video games in years, because I'll get to a spot that I can't get past and just stop playing the game. I probably spend more than six hours a day on the internet though. Then I have to watch South Park and the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Remember, "I'd rather be a nerd than an idiot."

My post didn't really contribute much to the thread. sorry...

lucidity

I have the same problem as you, LibertadIlusoria. Once i get stuck in a video game, I just give up.

TV comes in first place for me. Then the internet.
There was I time when my TV wasn't working and I didn't have access to the internet, so I started reading. I read like a mad man. Book after book after book. I don't even like reading :?

jamez

Actually I watch a lot of shows I download from the Internet.

That way I can watch it back to back and without commercials, plus a lot of the American stuff are released a little too late here.

BlackSheep

arrina
I dont have a tv because it makes me feel so much more lonley anyone else have this!

Yeah, sometimes I do feel a little lonely when I’m watching tv and have no one to share what I’m watching with. If I didn’t have a tv I would probably go out more, read books more, be on the net more, and play video games more.

LittleMissScareAll

I like to keep the tv on for the sound...makes me feel less lonely...and when nothing was on I used to turn it to the Music Choice Metal channel and just listen to music for hours while I come online or whatever, but DirecTV took that channel away from me! :evil: :x :x

Sometimes though I do get jealous of the people on tv, or I'll be watching something that reminds me of something I don't want to think about, and so then I have to turn the channel to something else.

Ayla

LittleMissScareAll said:
I like to keep the tv on for the sound...makes me feel less lonely....

I do too, its almost always on when I'm home, even though most of the time I'm not watching. Its the same reason why I have to go to coffee shops to study sometimes - the noise and the idea of other voices being around helps me get done what I need to do.

scatmantom

I get this..sometimes i cant sleep in the silence cos thats when my mind wonders. I need the TV or talk radio shows to keep my brain busy and toi stop me having negative thoughts. Its a distraction, but it depends wot on tv as well. I cant leave on a horror and sleep to that :(

lucidity

Thanks Jamez , I will check it out.

For the past 6 months I haven't been able to sleep unless the TV is on. Is that sad?? :? :roll:

arrina

no its not sad lots of people cant sleep with out the tv being on. I dont think I could sleep with out my clock ticking well probably not true but I like it. and that is weird!!

lucidity

=) thanks arrina.
A clock ticking scares me somehow, and I think it could drive me mad =)
Everyone with their own weirdness.