Has anyone tried the Alexander technique?...

of_darkness

For some reason the musicians at my school get them, it's probably to help us relax and think about how we use our instruments ans posture.

But anyway, i realised it does help with my SA, it's all about realising how you position yourself and what you think is right,

for example, some people tend to have their heads held back or sit leaning slightly to one side, all without noticing. (In my case)

So each time i come out of the 'lesson', i feel so much more confident, and I start to realise that being relaxed makes me feel so much less nervous arond people. I had a class after, in a strange room where the benches (Science class room) Are in a U shape facing the board, and it makes me feel so uncomfortable facing others. I just tried to keep my head tilted a bit further forward and relax, and i just felt so confident!

Even if it was having no real physical effect at all, there was no denying i felt much better mentally, and my anxiety and self consciousness just went away for a while. I talked more and actually contributed to the discussion, which is definately progress!

Any thoughts on the Alexander technique? I think it's definately beneficial, theres no bullshit, it just makes so much sense to me.