Has anyone tried Salvia divinorum for anxiety?

zyxockjm

Has anyone tried Salvia divinorum or heard of it? Does it help for anxiety? I'm looking for all sorts of medicines to help me relax.

JoeRandomUser

Relax? From what I understand, salvia will have you tripping ballz... it's hallucinogenic!

I've always wanted to try it. ;-)

Scottish_Player

I have bought some but never realy smoked enough of it to get any effets from it as i was rather unsure of it.Its more of a mild halucigenic drug.If you ever do decide to try it from what i have read it always suggests having a sitter with you,someone who is sober just to keep you calm and reasure you,its has reports of giving a feeling of being in another calm place with lots of colours and visions but at the same time i have read lots of strories from people who it didnt go well for i think it depends on the individual.

you can buy it online at http://www.the-head-shop.co.uk/highs.htm

and you can find loads of info about it on here http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=269 just scroll down to the bottom where it says Trip Reports.That site also has lots of info on other drugs aswell.

As for it helping with anxiety iam not realy sure on that? hope this helps :)

endo

i treid it couple times a while back so i cant rember exactly what it felt like but i rember we smoked pot before we did it but what I can rmeber was that it made my body feel very heavy and its like u jus escape reality for like 4 minutes i mean the feeling is just so odd it wasent a bad feeling but it wasent that amazing but it was kinda cool. But if ur a super parnoid person and cant handle marijuana at all i wouldent recommend trying this stuff its very potent, I mean belive me when I say ull really notice after your first hit hahaha im actulyl contplating on getting some online lol thanx for bringing this up in fact i wanna get some now

J

Salvia divinorum for anxiety? Not a good idea!! The stuff is a POWERFUL hallucinogen, even though it's still legal. It's active principles are, on a microgram-for-microgram basis, roughly 100 times the strength of LSD. It's also quite difficult to work with -- one needs serious lungs and willpower to use plain leaf (the stuff metabolizes in moments, often before you can consume a useful dose {there's not much in the leaves}), and extracts can get impossibly powerful in a hurry.

The stuff is damn wierd and not something I would recommend. The sudden fever, distortions of space and time, hallucinations, and the 'poisoned' feeling it can impart are all NOT good things for anxiety.

Oddly the stuff isn't dangerous per se, but no hallucinogens are a good idea for people with mental disturbance (which is virtually everyone here on SPW ;) myself included!) because it can make your issues far worse. Plus, you can freak out and seriously injure yourself unknowingly while on it.

Read the salvia experience reports at erowid.org (actually much of the other experience reports are intriguing as well).

blight

I tried some commercial sort store-bought-type stuff several years ago and there were no major effects. One might be able to relax with it in a very specific situation on occasion, but certainly not very often. If it is anything like pot, it can probably lead to some very stressed out / paranoid situations as well.

J

blight said:
I tried some commercial sort store-bought-type stuff several years ago and there were no major effects. One might be able to relax with it in a very specific situation on occasion, but certainly not very often. If it is anything like pot, it can probably lead to some very stressed out / paranoid situations as well.

I think it's almost nothing like pot. Perhaps the 'afterglow' of salvia usage is somewhat potlike, but even then not really. Different plants, different effects.

I know there are a number of threads about "pot is bad for anxiety"--and it certainly can be--but that's not across-the-board for everyone (otherwise I wouldn't be using it! LOL). That being said, pot of course CAN be bad for anxiety-- and I think salvia would be a thousand times worse for anxiety than pot. (I've tried salvia, and gotten effects-- yikes!! See my above post. :) )

Heck, I think you're better off drinking lots of coffee for anxiety than taking salvia. ;) :p We're anxious about actual existing people-- on salvia, you'll have to be anxious about all the things that now suddenly seem to exist...

LeapFrog

Honestly, no. But I have smoked marijuana on many occasions before. I haven't smoked for about... A year or so? Yeah, sounds right. Sometimes I wish I could smoke a huge joint though haha... Not to get rid of SA, but just cuz I liked it :)