Has anyone ever....

Neebo

Has anyone ever had an encounter with a person whoe's disliked you for no reason at all? :? I have had a couple of experiences in the past of this and as a result I think it has only made my SA/SP worse in the respect that I feel like people are against or judging me. I remember when I was in the first year of high school and there was this boy called Paul in my class and I remember on the first day I sat on the same table as him,well opposite actually and all the time he kept staring me out and giving me daggers,frowning and scowling at me,really giving me nasty looks :x And I really don't know why he was giving me these looks :? I hadn't done anything wrong to him,I mean we'd only just saw each other! But for some reason that is completely beyond me,he just didn't like me! :? :x I've always wondered why. Maybe he just didn't like the look of me,I dunno :? So has anyone else had a similar experience?

Bexi

YES! ALways girls tho, in my case, thats why I prefer the company of men! altho, the girls on here seem most un-bitchy.There was this girl at school who did not like me at all for about three years, then we became great friends!? It has happened too with other girls, I just assume they are jealous, or they are the ones with the problem. It's not something that really gets to me. If someone doesn't like you though, without even getting to know you, think what it says about them, i.e Bit twatty! xx

paul

oh sorry neebo that was me. I was just in a bad mood that day :oops:

I've never really had anybody hate me just by looking at me, but Bexi is right -- if they already judge you before they've met you, unfortunately the situation is beyond you and it is completely their problem.

Chilling__Echo

i'm with bexi on this one. i always always always prefer guys to girls. guys don't sit there and look at your clothes or how cute your purse is, whatever. i've not had this experience too much, maybe the guy had the wrong impression of you? or thought you looked at him weird? maybe he looked at everyone that way? i dunno. you can never know with people

redlady

I have had that and it is hard not to internalise it as being your fault. But like Bex and paul said it is their problem. They have problems with themselves and insecurities - that is no excuse just a reason - a reason that you are not responsible for.

Boundless

I have met a lot of people that have taken an instant dislike to me because im shy and dont talk much,doesnt help when your so afraid of messing up infront of people either,like i was once guilding a car into a garage and i was dreading he would drive into the center.He didnt and i was so glad,i hate that cos if they hate you and you fail they make it so much worse for you.

chitty

i've also had some experiences like that, but most of the time if people are around me long enough we become friends. i cant say that i blame them for thinking that im "stuck up" or whatever, i can see why they think that because im quiet. most guys that i meet tell me that i am intimidating. and it is weird how guys will just talk to you and girls wont.

like my avatar? just a little something to make everybody smile :lol:

chitty

he always seems to make me smile no matter what hes doing. and im guessing he suffered from some sort of depression it almost makes me cry to wonder what he was going through and no one seemed to know what was coming.

kattness

i think at one point everyone goes through random people hating you... its prob linked to the reasons people bully others.
i have someone in my life like that, he makes up lies all the time for no good reason about me......just a bunch of twatfaces.
the more i distance myself from him the more i dont care.

2QuietForThem

I can definitely relate. Some people may not like you because they can tell that you have a nice home life while theirs sucks. It could be anything to trigger them. Even though I was hated all through school, it came to a climax while I was in the Air Force. A guy in my dorm hated my guts (I was told this by my roommate and others). I may have said hi to him in passing once, but I was unknowingly going through SA, so I wasn’t outspoken. Anyway, while working, someone rushed into my office and said that the guy “snapped” and told a bunch of people that he was going to kill me. Freaked me out! Officers got involved and since he couldn’t come up with a reason for wanting to kill me, they kicked him out of the military. So it can happen to anybody anywhere. Just stay strong. You won’t have to deal with those nuts forever.