Has anyone ever had an SSRI increase memory capability?

A Many Splendored Thing

It's weird how much it's actually helped me remember certain things. I was so scatterbrained until I took a higher dosage of medication. Now I can at least tell you off of the top of my head that I have appointments on the 27th at 5 and the 13th at 1:15. I can only remember topics really well after I took a 40mg dose, and about the usual memories before that.

Has anyone experienced this?

Section_31

Ha, i had the exact opposite effect. it toko me a few years to get my memory fully back after being on my meds....i was so scatterbrained i started calling them my "stupid pills".

aNOTfox

Ha, i had the exact opposite effect. it toko me a few years to get my memory fully back after being on my meds....i was so scatterbrained i started calling them my "stupid pills".

I think I must be on stupid pills too. You know that thing where you walk into a room and completely forget why you went there? well that happens to me all the time since I started meds xD

A Many Splendored Thing

I think I must be on stupid pills too. You know that thing where you walk into a room and completely forget why you went there? well that happens to me all the time since I started meds xD

That's what used to happen to me before I took these.

Weird how you both have had an opposite effect.

While you are on the pills what dosage and brand was it and have you ever felt a tingle behind your forehead?

aNOTfox

Prozac, 40mg. And no, carn't say that I have, but then again everyones different. If its painful or irritating your should tell your doc.

Section_31

OL i do that alot. I also forget instructions quickly. I HAVE to write everything down or i wont remember 10 minutes later.

Goldfish memory syndrome.