Has anyone else been told they're really awkward?

I went out to dinner with some ppl from my program (im in college) and then in the carride home i was sitting in the front seat and couldn't think of anything to say to the driver while the ppl in the back were gabbing away. Then at the party I stood around awkardly with my shoulders up and couldnt relax. One of the ppl made fun of me because I was so awkward. It really made me feel pathetic and sad.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them? cause I just feel like I can never be confident or easy going and it makes people uncomfortable around me, which makes it harder to make/keep friends.

chris87

I'm always awkward. I don't think anyone has ever said this to me, but I'm sure that's what they think.

Dodger

I have been told that before which kind of makes me feel bad honestly. It is just so hard to talk the right amount. sometimes I try and make me seem social but that never goes well.

PhantomPod

I don't know if anyone has told me straight out how awkward I am, but I truly am an extremely awkward person.

It sucks how not saying much sort of counts as doing something wrong. It's not like I say or do awkward things, it's just that society sees being somewhat withdrawn as being awkward, which I hate.

Yeah my sister calls me weird all the time, and one time in class a girl was like you are such a LOSER. I was kind of nerdy at that time....