Has anybody lost out of money due to SA?

SadSally

I have. I'm unemployed at the moment and I'm extremely embarrassed to have to collect social welfare at the post office every week. Sometimes I psyche myself up before going in, but some weeks I just can't do it. It's 100 euro a week and so far I have not collected a total of 500. It's too late now, you have to collect it once a week or else its gone.
What about you?

I am terrible at saving money, but it is due to alcoholism and lack of discipline mainly. How has SA cause you not to save money?

S_Spartan

I don't think the OP was talking about saving money but rather getting it in the first place.

I've occasionally turned down clients because they wanted to talk on the phone. I'm sure SA costs me a lot more in less direct ways, not putting myself out there or networking.

bsammy

Absolutely I've lost a lot of money due to SA..i. Do not try for higher positions due to having the responsibility of talking to others..working overtime is a no no to me too because of dealing with others and the frustration, exhaustion that comes with it...granted, since I'm basically a recluse, I don't spend much money..

elephant99

I'm really scared to work in certain jobs because of my SA. working anywhere with other people is scary as hell.

There's nothing shameful about being on social welfare, if you need it, you do deserve it.

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I have. I'm unemployed at the moment and I'm extremely embarrassed to have to collect social welfare at the post office every week. Sometimes I psyche myself up before going in, but some weeks I just can't do it. It's 100 euro a week and so far I have not collected a total of 500. It's too late now, you have to collect it once a week or else its gone.
What about you?

You can get it paid directly into your bank account, there is no reason for you to be going to the post office to collect it like it is the 1980s lol get it paid into a bank account!

SadSally

You can get it paid directly into your bank account, there is no reason for you to be going to the post office to collect it like it is the 1980s lol get it paid into a bank account!

No. In Ireland the only option is the post office. It used to be paid through the bank, but people were committing fraud so they entire rule changed for everyone.

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

What about you?

Make sure you collect it next time it is crazy to miss out on money you are entitled to, also don't let the people in the post office make you feel bad, they work in the post office ffs, I can hardly think of many places more boring to work than the post office lol

cosmic

Yes. Because of my anxiety, I have quit a few jobs. Especially if the job required me to be social.