Has any 1 tryed...

Anonymous

Hi Happywannbe...
I haven't tried hypnosis for SP but I believe from what I have read in the papers, especially the likes of the Edinburgh Evening News, that it's success rate for stopping people smoking for any length of time, is very low. I would think it would be a waste of your money going down that road.

I'm a new member & I keep receiving an 'invalid session' message when I attempt to post. I am going to try posting without being singed in as 'anonymous'.

happywannabe

hiya smokeybigcat

welcome thanks for the reply
i thought it would be a waste of money i dont think any thing would for social phobia any way but i not giving up hope .

i never seen the add in the evening news about tryin hypnosis for stopin smoking but i have heard of it and thout about it myself as am a heavy smoker myself i tryed every thing to stop without any luck.

i dont no how sucsefull hynosis is on any thing .

i hope u get ur posting sorted out

Orlando

Hi, happywannabe!

At one time, I used self-hypnosis to go to sleep. I was usually very anxious at the end of the day so would be restless and could not get any sleep for the first hour. I learned to think of myself on a beach and to count backwards from 100 to 0. Usually, these techniques calmed me down. However, I never used them in social situations....It took a lot of energy just to think straight....I don't think I could focus my energies toward any type of mental concentration.