hardest thing ever.

well i applied for a new job the other week. i got a call for a phone interview, which made me nervous enough. thinking i had sucked arse, she actually said she wanted to meet me in person for a face to face interview. whoever invented job interviews really should be shot. just kidding but still. the lead up to the job interview just made me feel nauseous, i stressed about it for days. to the point of tears and not wanting to go. i did end up going, and i found it quite difficult, the interview went for an hour and it was one lady asking questions and one lady writing down my responses...

anyway the next day i got a call back saying i'd got the job. even though i thought i'd sucked absolute balls in the interview.

now, i start on monday, with a group of 9 others. i'm so scared, i find it so difficult to make polite conversation, and also there's a get together sort of thing on the tuesday with lunch and drinks. LUNCH. fuck i hate eating in front of people. and i said i'd go. and now i'm going to be stressing up until that point.

blah! i don't know whether to go to the doctors and see if he can offer some suggestions as to whether i need medication. i don't really want to but at the same time i feel like i'm always going to be the 'girl that doesn't talk to anyone' and i'm sick of being that person.

any advice?

introvert

You could try preparing yourself that day as best as possible:

1) Get proper rest
2) In the morning do some light exercise (perhaps go for a run)
3) Maybe try some meditation too
4) Eat a balanced breakfast
5) Try and keep your thoughts neutral

If you give yourself the advantage of these, it will be tough, but I think more manageable that if you don't. It shouldn't take more than an hour/hour and a half of your time.