Hands Peeling from Hyperhidrosis

Hello again to All!

I've posted a couple of other things, I guess I'm just still in disbelief that others struggle with HH and it's not just me.

However, what I would like to know is if anyone else expereinces peeling of the hands even though you have HH. It seems that every winter or even before that, fall, my hands will itch in the morning when I get up, they are dry until I get out of bed and then both hands and feet will sweat. Once the itching begins it's not too long until my hands will peel. The feet don't peel.

I continuosly put an organic based cocoa butter lotion on my hands made by Jason, when the itching and peeling begins. I've tried all diferent lotions. Lubriderm, Corn Huskers, as well as many others to try to keep them from peeling but nothing to date has worked. It seems I just sweat it off.

I'm hoping that if I can get my hands to stop sweating that my hands will be so dry that I have to keep lotion on them.

Also does the weather have any affect on your hands and feet sweeting? for some reason mine don't seem to sweat as bad when it's damp and somewhat warm outside. Keep in mind I live in FL and in the winter when it rains, it's usually in the 40 - 50 degree range?

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

hyp-hi

I think weather can effect HH in part. Usually warmer temperatures cause me to sweat more, but it is not always the case. There will be times where it is cold and I sweat, and other times where it is hot and I don't sweat.

As for hands peeling, it could be because they are too moist from the sweat. I have experience that when my hands sweat a lot. Usually it would be noticeable after a shower due to the increase water exposure that wears down the skin. My best solution is to try to keep them as dry as possible and minimize the amount of time exposing them to water.

hyp-Hi
Thanks for your input. This is something that I deal with on an annual basis. It's really frustrating. It seems that it really happens when my hands sweat the most and that is during the fall / winter for some reason. So far my hands only peel once a year. It seems to be a vicous cycle. Hands stay dry at night time and wet during the day during this time of year. I don't understand whey either. Hopefully, in time I'll figure it out, but I'm 36 years old and It happens every year and has since I was 6. Some day it won't happen; I'm hopeful in believing.