Hand-feet HH

aries86

Does anyone with hand and foot sweating have any good coping techniques? I've tried a lot of stuff, but even the meds don't take it away completely for me. I get so sick of this...

ImNotMyIllness

My feet sweat. I did try botox a few times, with great results! It does work but it's expensive and painful. A little too expensive, so I quit. To prevent foot odor I wear the highest percent cotton socks that I can find (recently heard that wool is the best) and high quality leather shoes. When I do this, I don't notice any odor.
If I wear tennis shoes for more than 4 hours, my feet will smell....probably not noticeable to anyone else but the thought of it really bothers me (even if it's faint). So, I never keep sneakers on longer than 4 hours.
I think I'm going to buy a pair of 100% wool socks and see what kind of results I get. I would love to be able to wear tennis shoes all day. It's makes wardrobe choices a lot easier too.

ImNotMyIllness

I remember a long time ago a podiatrist gave me this red solution to soak my feet in. Made my feet smell very nice. But, I forgot the name. I need to do some research. I'm pretty fanatical and paranoid about my physical hygiene.

CharlesN

Part of me knew that HH has always been psychological for me. When I'm doing something where I'm totally focused on that thing - I never experience it. Just when in situations where I think about it. By building my homemade iontophoresis device and "curing" my hands - I also tremendously reduced the sweating in my feet too. Almost like because my hands aren't sweating - my feet forget to sweat as well. I may someday do the ionto on my feet - but it was never really as big a deal for me as people don't generally try to shake your feet. :)

aries86

I have never tried wool socks. I will have to try that. It seems like having no socks on at all is the best for my feet, but of course that is not possible during the winter months when it really becomes an issue.

I have not tried iontopherosis on my feet, but I would like to. A lot of mine HH seems to be psychological but some is not. I guess the worst is when I know I have to shake someones hand and then its like niagra falls...:)

SweatParty

What meds have you tried?

I take glycopyrrolate on any day when I really don't want to sweat (mainly before going to work in the morning because I hate being sweaty at work - I can't get anything done and I am super uncomfortable, especially when I have meetings or presentations). It helps A LOT. However, it is not a perfect cure - you need to find the right balance for your body. Search this forum for "glycopyrrolate" and you'll find tons of past posts in which we talk about our experiences and advice, such as not eating before you take it.

It's interesting that you say having no socks at all works best for you. In my case (and I think many others), having the socks on can help stop sweating by absorbing moisture, and somehow just making it seem like your actual feet are not making contact with everything, thus your mind doesn't make you focus on the feet as much.

aries86

I have tried hypercare solution on my hands and feet but, it was hard to do consistently due to having to not sweat when you put it on (or try to). Then I tried Robinul and I was so excited because my doctor said that It would make me almost bone-dry. But it didn't. It only took a small amount of the sweat away (maybe 60%, maybe...I'm being generous) but the worst thing was it made me so dizzy I couldn't hardly take it. I'm currently awaiting to see if insurance will cover me for the next treatment....I also hate sweating at work especially. Its so uncomfortable and it just makes the days miserable sometimes. I'm looking up "glycopyrrolate" now..