Haircut

whos_that_girl

I have to get my hair cut soon, and I get alot of anxiety, but I just remind myself that I don't have to do it everyday(only every 2-3 months), and I do try to make small talk with the beautician. That does help, and sometimes I get really cool ladies, and actually don't mind talking then :).

I cut my own hair only because no one ever does it the way I want it..I surprisingly have no problem conversing with the stylist, its only awkward when they don't talk to you at all. Awkward silence...while they're hands are all up in your personal space..do any of you tip?

Why

my mom cuts mine now.. just buzzcut

but before, i would hate making small talk especially since i never ask them about their lives... seems very rude when they ask me and i dont ask them

luckily im a teenage guy so we arent expected to make small talk like women do.

applegirl

I never went into a salon in my life until I was 17 years old. I'm 20 years old now. Before that my mom always did my hair. After that the thought of getting my hair done at a salon popped into my mind but i was too nervous to go through with it. The first time I got my hair done at a salon I went with my mom. It wasn't bad but I was so scared. I didn't know what to do or say except give one word answers or smile nervously. I practically had "social phobia" radiating off of me. And the one time I went by myself to get a haircut I was soo scared to even go in. My legs felt like jelly and my heart was racing like no tomorrow when I swung open the darn salon door. And this year I purposely did not get a haircut and let my hair grow out until it was almost down to my waist. Every time I considered going to the salon to get it over with or even so much as tried to be brave and say to myself that today would be the day i would get it done fear would always strike me down. So my mom ended up taking me a few days after my 20th birthday. my hair is up to my shoulders. i really don't know what i'm going to do next time.