Guilt trip

redlady said:
What do you do when someone collecting for charity gets a hold of you and not only gives you a good spiel about the charity but a nice big serving of guilt to go with it ? If you had anything you would right, despite telling them this they just wont give up the gulit trip - so what would you do to get out of it ?

this really annoys me sometimes. once i went to the supermarket and they were at the front door and they try and pressure you into talking to them as you walk through the front door, and so i did the 'nah sorry' and walked on by.....you would think they would leave me alone after this but nooooo..i get the guilt trip on the way out as well and one of them goes "are you going to stop for us this time mate" ....i usually never stop for them but for some reason this made me feel so guilty, even though i know i shouldn't be, and so i thought i will just chat a little thats all and stoped, then she goes to me "gee you look tired, had a big night last night or somethin" ...and i'm thinking gee thanks, cause i felt totally fine, being a social phobe and all this made me feel selfconsious and in the end i made some excuse to run off.....but i mean how rediculus, if i wanna make a damn donation i'm sure i will search you out, i don't need to be harrassed everytime i walk in there, and out again. never again i tell you, i'm just gunna ignore the buggers from now on....maybe if i could even afford to give a donation, but i can't...i'm the one that needs to be the charity :roll: