Guilt sense and how paroxetine deadens it - read it please

Snaefridhur

Good morning people.

I've decided to write here this post because of some problem which I have. So, I have, in the addition with the social anxiety, the depressive tendentions for a lot of time, I can't say exactly, although they're not so extreme to cause suicidal thoughts at me. But they're still a bit depressive.

And the worst thing connected with it is something which could be called
as some sort of interior guilt sense, you know. It's related to the awful
sense of, how to say it, "moral impurity"and sinness (I don't know if it's
that word) - even after having more or less involuntary "impure thoughts"
which, after all, we all have sometimes since the teen age...
I get no help from self-explaining to myself that all of people are
sinners. It looks like as some aspiration to some kind of the ethical
ideality, and it relates generally moral purity.
It seems nearly like OCD behaviour; but I have nearly no compulsions (only very sometimes) and rather, such as above, obsessions. It's tough problem for me...

I also find my appearance, well, not beutiful generally. And I feel a great repugnance to e. g. moles, I'd be very happy to remove all of them which is but impossible...

And I would ask all of you who take the SSRI pills, especially the
paroxetine - Paxil -(which is said to be mirraculous cure for both social phobia and OCD disorders) cures, these questions below. I've read a bit about it and it seems to be really ideal medicament. So, are the below sentences true (they relate to a human with depressive SA and maybe OCD)? :?:

1. Paroxetine changes the man's personality into the happy kind-hearted
and energetic one, and it's permanent,
2. The unproper sense of guilt disappears and you stop worrying about it, the obsessions disappear,
3. Things you have been always felt as "OCD-icly impure or disgusting" hamper you no more,
4.At last you find your appearance OK, you start accepting your body simply,
5.The social anxiety disappears practically - you can socialize normally and actively and you do it gladly (which would be unreal before),
6. You don't care too much about some mistakes you have made, you are still relaxed despite of the stressful situations around,
7. You find the sense of life and also find new interesting hobbies, you are still active and happy,
8. The effects of curation (~1 year) are in most cases permanent and
relapse of diseases doesn't appear.

I so want to change my personality! And self-opinion!

And what side effects of paroxetine curation have appeared at you, if I
can ask?

I'll be very thankful if you answer this topic and give me some hope. I
don't want to start the treatment if I have'nt any perspective of it's
success... Thanks for you with advance!

Marvolo

Hi Snaefridhur,

Well, I've heard opinions more or less similar to these written by you. I'm interested in paroxetine as well. But some people say it is not so wonderful drug as it is commonly said; I wonder who's right... :?: :?

Cheers! :)