Group work assignments at school

scissorhands

I am in university, and have to work with an assignment partner throughout the semester for one class, trading assignments back and forth and giving each other notes and comments on them.
My partner has been incredibly behind in getting anything to me but I am too shy to say anything about it or tell the professor. And also I'm having a hard time coming up with hard criticism to give him as we are supposed to do, because I'm afraid he will disapprove, not agree, think I am rude etc. I even know it is irrational and unlikely to happen but it is hard for me to do. If it was annoymous I could do it easily.
Anyone else have this problem?
I think for the next part I will just write out the notes as if it is annoymous and just force myself to give those to him. The semester is almost done so I'll never have to see him again anyway.

Anyway, just venting really.

Joey86

Yup I've been through this so many times. Every time, I just tell them that I'll put it together and hand it in. That way, I can fix my partners mistakes, or do the whole thing myself. It might be a lot more work, but at least you'll end up with a mark you're happy with. That might seem a little extreme, but for me, it comes naturally - I'm a real perfectionist.