Greetings!

Cal

Hiya, my name's Calan. I'm 19, and I'm from Australia.

Over the last 10 years or so, I've been battling with anxiety, and a lot of general negativity in my life. I'm here because I want to share my experiences to people who will listen and understand, and hopefully relieve myself of a lot of baggage. Not only that, but to meet other people and listen to their experiences as well.

I don't know how, but even with my problems I've managed to slip through the cracks of society unnoticed, and have blended in with everyone else. I have a full time job, have many interests and I'm fairly good when it comes to communicating with people and expressing myself, but I haven't been able to put my problems aside and it's really holding me back. I have no one that I *really* trust to talk to about my problems, for fear of being exposed. But I guess I'm fairly lucky I have so many distractions.

Guess I'll talk to you all soon?...

Cal

Aha, thanks for the welcome. This isn't the first forum I've used, so I hope to get the feel of things fairly quickly. I don't really have much of an understanding about mental problems or disorders either, so I'm pretty sure I've got my homework cut out for me while I'm here.

... I was diagnosed years ago with manic-depressive episodes and anxiety after experiencing a death in my family, I started taking anti-depressants in the hope that it would correct a chemical imbalance in my brain. They never really did anything for me over the 6 month period, so I just stopped taking them. After I became more active physically through work, the episodes became more mild, but I'm still dealing with the anxiety.

Anyway, I have lots of questions about many different topics, but I guess i'll have to create some threads instead.