Greetings from Glasgow

Hi everyone, first time that I've been here so I'd better introduce myself.

I'm a 30 year old male from Glasgow in Scotland. I live alone with my cat, Bob, and i have suffered from agoraphobia, depression and anxiety attacks for years now. On top of that the boredom has helped me develop several annoying OCDs.

I used to work a lot, i would throw myself into my job and i loved it. I was a restaurant manager in a big hotel for a while which involved living there and generally working 06:30 to 13:00 and 17:30 to 00:00 with the occasional lunch groups thrown in for good measure.

These days i sleep when i pass out, rarely leave the house, drink too often and rarely see my friends. If it wasn't for the internet then i probably wouldn't have much contact with the outside world.

My main problem is that at the moment I have had my money completely cut off and receiving little or no help from the government departments that i call. And why was my money cut off? Because they don't think there is enough wrong with me. Great eh? I am now stuck in the position where i have to hope that i will receive some form of benefit before my electricity and food runs out. I have appealed against the decision but now have to apply for everything like housing benefit again because it was all cut off at the same time.

The thing that is worse is the fact that the letter telling me my money was cut off was sent to me on July 16th and my money was cut off on July 5th. If they had contacted me 2 weeks before cutting my money off, rather than after, then i could have instantly appealed and would have most likely been put onto reduced rate income support from July 5th. That would have also meant that i wouldn't have to apply for everything again. I feel like the DWP don't care about mental illness.

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in 5 years and my appeal is always successful. Unfortunately these events always make things worse for me and is more of a step backward than anything.

Silvio

How much do you drink each day..??

I suffered a viscous assault last year & since then i've also been drinking heavily & taking copious amounts of drugs. I actually enjoy getting totally off my face & will continue to do so.. Keep drinking if you want, who gives a fuck what anybody thinks or says..?!?! I kow i don't.

paragora

always_drunk said:
The thing that is worse is the fact that the letter telling me my money was cut off was sent to me on July 16th and my money was cut off on July 5th.

That's so not right 8O