Greetings from Canada's Capital

chaoticmind

Hi there! My name is Nina and I'm in Ottawa, ON. I've been struggling with Social Anxiety for as far back as I can remember, but never really knew it was anything out of the norm until I grew into and adult required to take on more responsibilities in life. I struggle quite a lot to get out of the house and lead a normal life. My performance anxiety is so bad that I stress even when performing tasks while I'm completely on my own! 8O I can't handle working, I'm not independent and rely heavily on my family, and am pretty much housebound at this point (which really sucks because I enjoy going out too!). At this point I find myself feeling completely at a loss in life..

I recently participated in Mental Illness Awareness Week and shared my story, which they posted on their site. I also suffer from Depression and Borderline Personality Disorder along with my social anxiety. Such a terrible combination.. having this fear of being abandoned by the people you care about, yet pushing them away. I recently started on a medication called Moclobemide, which has helped give me the energy to cope with my days (an amazing sensation!). But I still struggle with anxiety which, when I feel pushed over the edge, triggers my borderline symptoms and starts me on this terrible downward spiral. My most recent trigger was this past week as I contemplated going back to my retail job. I need to earn some money, but that job nearly had me hospitalized after five months of working there as I began to suffer from some nasty breakdowns. But I feel like everyone is pressuring me to go back to work anyway, and that they don't care how this affects me emotionally. Even my therapist. :(

Anyway, I joined this forum just because I really feel lost and alone with this illness!