Graeme's Wee Mad Mental Music Thread

Wish someone hud telt me years ago active guitar pickups were better... Why? Cuz there nae need tae fanny aboot soldering this wire tae that yin, onto this part o’ the input jack. Nane o’ that time consuming pish ! Naw !

The pins from this wire go into there, that yin there. Connect a 9 volt and yer done... Grand ! :LOL:
Anyway, am kinda struggling with writing block at the moment, in terms o’ writing good guitar riffs. :(

I think it'd be a good transition riff personally, it feels like the start of a song when it starts out slow then amps up with this sort of riff then goes into the song even harder type of thing (not musically talented in anyway so I hope this makes sense :LOL:)

I think it'd be a good transition riff personally, it feels like the start of a song when it starts out slow then amps up with this sort of riff then goes into the song even harder type of thing (not musically talented in anyway so I hope this makes sense :LOL:)
Aye... that all made sense, Loyal. (y) :LOL:

I’m very much of same option about that riff now: it’s a transition riff. Definitely a transition from, as you said, starting off at slower tempo and then going into that riff. I’m also think the second metal riff I came up with could probably be a transition into a solo or something or a bridge riff. :unsure: As it’s basically a slight variation on the first riff.

I’m still kinda unsure about the overall vibe and direction of the song I’m going for, really. I have cut the first and second riffs together to try and flesh out a basic song structure though.

And I’m thinking — since that first metal riff I came up with is already within the thrash metal tempo, I might keep with the direction I’m going with that riff and go for an early days Metallica vibe. Since it already has that kinda sound / approach.