Gotta give a speech.....NEED HELP QUICK!

tooker

Alright heres the deal, I have to give a half-hour speech in two days. I get so nervous when im giving a speech, I usually have panic attacks. If this occurs, this will ruin my social life at my high school! Does anyone have any advice, or any OTC or natural medications that will help relax me and get me through this unbearable situation??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

italiano

i have found my proponolol really helps in situations like this, if you can ask your docter to prescribe u it. you can use it before situations where u know or are likely to have a panic attack, they help me.....if i didnt have any thing I wouldlnt to the presentation.....but thats just me lol good luck

tooker

italiano said:
you could smoke a joint?!! :D

Thanks for the advice, but weed makes my SP MUCH worse. Im much more anxious and paranoid when im high. I already cant think clear when im so nervous, and I dont think weed would help.

Jeff

Gotta agree with italiano. Propanolol (Inderal) works well - it is a beta blocker and will keep your adrenaline level down. Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium etc.) can also help, but too much will slur your speech.

Septor

Some thing like Xanax would be perfect for your problem but it's probably to late to go to your doctor to get some.Well you could try some Kava and see how it affect you.