Good idea??? Would like feedback

slicenrice

I am in college, but because of my anxiety, my self confidence has been quite shattered, and I have lost most of my motivation to study and try. I need some time to clean up my head, and I am toying with the idea of visiting distant relatives in a European country for the rest of the term. I think this will help me meet new people, not be frustrated by my anxiety as much, and most importantly, I will show myself that I can actually do something big and risky if I put my mind to it, and its not just a "pipe dream" as my friend says it is.

Has anyone done anything like this, or have any comments on how this might work out?

Thanks!!

scorpion

Well do it.
he studies really mean nothing if wou cant do the things that make you Happy.
I have a degree, a job, and that really means nothing.

Because I am not abble to do the things I love.

Traveling can be liberating, it can give you peace.

You can find out whats important in your life and get the weapons to achive it.

So go for it!!

miriah

well i think that would be good...i havent done anything like that but i have been thinking about switching schools which is a big thing for me because i only have like 3 friends and i would be leaving them behind, but i believe it will help me make new friends and maybe help with my SA.

to get away may help. i've never traveled anywhere in my life, but once i took a trip to massachusetts for two days (i live in nj) and it made me feel better for the next week. after about a week though i became kind of depressed again, but that might not happen to you because you'll be staying somewhere for a good amount of time.
you should take the trip and make sure you have a really good time.

burner21

i recommend it. i've done it also, but not exactly under the same circumstances. nonetheless, i think you'd enjoy it very much. it's so liberating being in another country where you're not used to any of the cultures or lifestyle or whatever. I think you'll forget about everything thats going on back home becuase youre totally just "in a new world." I visited some relatives in england (i live in california) and it was different enough that I never thought about SA, school or anything like that the entire time, just what i was doing and what i was doing next.
Its cool that youre thinking about doing this and meeting new people too. i highly recommend it and i think you'll have a great time.