Going to a water park under the influence of xanax

Marvolo

Hi,

I have an idea, don't know if it's completely stupid or only a bit, but what - forum is for the asking.

So, what do you think about swimming - or rather bathing, I can't swim actually - in the water park under benzodiazepine (xanax exactly) influence? I so like contact with water! Or maybe consider swimming pool - normally I rather don't appear there because of obvious phobic reasons, recently I have been there over 6 yrs ago, yet before my SA started - under the cure influence it wouldn't stress me in no way, would it? :?:

Or in the sea? It wouldn't be dangerous as being in water of only a 1m, would it?

But, on the other hand, I wonder if its action could be similar to the alcohol's one - in the leaflets there are warnings about e. g. driving, which seems similar as with the alcohol. And swimming being drunk is rather not so safe, as everyone can know... But if the dosis is balanced (I know that I'm then quite "sober") and not too high, maybe there is no danger of swimming? Has anybody here tried such things? I know it sounds a bit unreasonable... :wink:

Cheers! :)

maggie

hey Marvolo! I don't really know anything about the effects of xanax, but i would say if you want to go swimming, but you're not going in over your head, cause you can't swim, it would be fine. Maybe consider going along with a friend if you're worried about it? I think water can be a soothing therapy..and fun too..i hope you can go and have fun!!!! :wink:

rado31

Marvolo said:
Hi,

I have an idea, don't know if it's completely stupid or only a bit, but what - forum is for the asking.

So, what do you think about swimming - or rather bathing, I can't swim actually - in the water park under benzodiazepine (xanax exactly) influence? I so like contact with water! Or maybe consider swimming pool - normally I rather don't appear there because of obvious phobic reasons, recently I have been there over 6 yrs ago, yet before my SA started - under the cure influence it wouldn't stress me in no way, would it? :?:

Or in the sea? It wouldn't be dangerous as being in water of only a 1m, would it?

But, on the other hand, I wonder if its action could be similar to the alcohol's one - in the leaflets there are warnings about e. g. driving, which seems similar as with the alcohol. And swimming being drunk is rather not so safe, as everyone can know... But if the dosis is balanced (I know that I'm then quite "sober") and not too high, maybe there is no danger of swimming? Has anybody here tried such things? I know it sounds a bit unreasonable... :wink:

Cheers! :)

I swam drunk in the swimming pool at nite. It is an idiotic idea.

I swam in the sea drunk also Lol. And more, I can tell you that sea is a miracle cure for hangover ! headache would gone !

No....It is all stupid ideas. Also with Xanax, u would miss the whole experience that way.

Hmh..i have just realized what idiot i was-am :idea: :roll:

Marvolo

Thanks for (only those pleasant:)) answers.

rado31 said:
I swam drunk in the swimming pool at nite. It is an idiotic idea.(...) No....It is all stupid ideas. Also with Xanax, u would miss the whole experience that way. (...)

Think you so? Hm...
Missing the expierience, yes, I've considered if it could have such an effect, too... And it makes then less sense... Hm.