Going on another date?!

lonely_world

I've tried meeting people online, and have had only a few dates so far in the past year. Now I met another guy online and he asked me to go out for coffee with him and I agreed. Now my biggest fear is, what do I talk about? You woudn't know it by looking at me, but I am an extremely shy,anxious person who would rather hide from the world than face it. Because of that, I have had an almost non-existent social life, and by now at 32, it's goes beyond painful what I feel. I'm crying right now. I'm so tired of being scared and alone, but when I get the courage to meet someone and do it, I regret it. I guess most people are put off my how quiet I seem, but I don't mean to be quiet. I've just been more quiet than talkative in my life, that's all I know. Yeah, I can talk about the weather, the news, but beyond that it's all depressing. Keep trying, I know that's what my brother says to do and what my parents would say if they were alive. What a nightmare.

Kien

Uhm it's way worse if the guy feels anxious and has nothing to say. ;) I think he will lead the conversation good. There isn't much expectation on girls I think.

weak

lonely_world said:
I've tried meeting people online, and have had only a few dates so far in the past year. Now I met another guy online and he asked me to go out for coffee with him and I agreed. Now my biggest fear is, what do I talk about? You woudn't know it by looking at me, but I am an extremely shy,anxious person who would rather hide from the world than face it. Because of that, I have had an almost non-existent social life, and by now at 32, it's goes beyond painful what I feel. I'm crying right now. I'm so tired of being scared and alone, but when I get the courage to meet someone and do it, I regret it. I guess most people are put off my how quiet I seem, but I don't mean to be quiet. I've just been more quiet than talkative in my life, that's all I know. Yeah, I can talk about the weather, the news, but beyond that it's all depressing. Keep trying, I know that's what my brother says to do and what my parents would say if they were alive. What a nightmare.

First off, odds are this guy will do most of the talking. Girls are generally quiet on the first date, so men are used to having to carry the conversation. He'll ask you some questions, you'll give him some answers - and from here a conversation should evolve.

He wants to impress you, so he's not gonna let things fall flat. But it doesnt hurt for you to throw a few questions back at him here and there. The easiest way to do this is to reverse his questions and work off that.

Ventrilo

i don't know i've never been on a date.

my guess is you should talk about something you're interested in and if you're not interested in anything then just lie and claim you like reading