God I hate the summer!

Neebo

This might sound really weird and I know you guys might think I'm crazy but I really hate summer and I'll tell you why. The reason being is that everyone, well people who don't have SA/SP just seem to be really happy and outgoing and can enjoy themselves outside. You know they can go on holidays or have fun days out and that but I can't because of my Socialphobia, and its really frustrating :evil: Seeing people outside enjoying the nice summer sunshine and I'm stuck in doors,with nothing really to do and their having fun and just being really happy and I'm not :x Does anyone else feel the same way or am I the only one? :oops:

black_mamba

You're definitely not the only one.

All that pressue to be out and enjoy the weather (i.e. be social)

People walking around semi-naked

Out of school kids running around everywhere (so crowds seem bigger!)

It does suck, in a way, but I'm sure we'll find something to complain about everything, so summer isn't really that bad. Is it?
8O

Toad

I'd agree...summer sucks...all i do is watch movies, the only thing i do when i do stuff with the one friend i do stuff with is watch a movie...I'm surprised he isn't bored out of his mind with me. At least during school i can drown myself in studying and homework, and hide away from people in my room or the library.

paul

I know exactly what you mean about summer

"People walking around semi-naked"

YES. I hate that -- even if they are complete scumbags, I secretly would like to be like them and have their huge egos. Also I hate it when people invite me to beaches... beaches are about the worst thing ever IMO.
Then again though, the break from school is very nice

redlady

I hate summer specifically for the dreadful weather - Australian summers are awful - too too hot - sweltering heat. Sweat, sticky skin, heat rash, breakouts, bad smells, red blistered sun burnt skin everywhere ( not me i'm paranoid about skin cancer ) So hot you can't get comfortable, can't sleep. Every summer i wish that the sun would just blow up.

Sue

its lashing rain outside iv never been happier with the weather!!!! wahoo :D

Moonie

I like summer... I always get a super dark tan and hide my flaws.. I never really swum in a bathing suit (usually cover myself with a shirt) but I am getting close to it. I usuually get in pretty good shape in the summer time.

arlequin

I love summer, I feel more optimistic in this season. In the winter all is so sad and grey, it gets dark so early that makes me feel down. At least in the summer seems the sun gives me positive energy and it's nice to walk in the city and find out new places. I also tend to plan more things I want to do.

Fighter86

Well, in Singapore, we don't have summer vacations. Wat we get are simply called 'school holidays' when it is end of a semester & a break starts.

I love holidays, even when I have nothing to do at all because holidays are a big welcome form bad experiences in school. I sure wish I could experince the 4 seasons though. Here in my country, its hot all year long, so I haven't actually seen snow :wink:

redlady

Oh me oh my Fighter86 - "hot all year long" - Good grief, i don't think i could stand that. It's not always an intense heat is it? Say it ain't so.

black_mamba

The best weather for me is sunny but cold, the sun rays make me happy and the coldness means I can cover up my body. :D

Ooo persistant heat must suck, but I can't imagine it having lived with cold grey weather for almost my entire life.

.oO(remembers eating snow as a child with a spoon)

8O

Sue

no mamba but i remember throwing balls of it at people that got in my face :lol:

Sue

what i need right now is a good loud thunderstorm. there is nothing better then a good bit of lightning and thunder. i always enjoyed storms more than fireworks.

i didnt get any storm this year :cry:

black_mamba

thoughtless said:
What about going to bed at night with the calm sound of the rain against your window? Oh how I miss that! So relaxing! And it makes me feel so safe while I cover myself up to my neck in bed!

I know, it feels so cosy to be warm inside when its cold and rainy outside. I think the cold amplifies the warmth inside. :D I love it!

distressedkitty

I think my favourite season of the year is spring. Lots of rainy days to give me another excuse to stay inside. Well... and plus I kinda like the light dewy smell before a downpour, smells so fresh unlike all the heavily polluted smog smells and peoples nasty body odour that accompany summer.