go with the flow or block it?

loloy

ive been thinking about this and is it better to say to yourself - ok im nervous now etc and maybe even tell people i feel nervous now, or is it better to block it and tell yourself your confident. The past few days ive been nervous about a particular thing coming up and so i said to my family i feel really nervous about this and that seemed to ease it a bit - take the pressure off so to speak. If im going around trying to not care and to actually hate feeling nervous - well that got me no where. so to accept the feelings and go with the flow seems to be better for me - just say to myself im nervous but its ok - and im calm a LITTLE bit - not alot but a bit lol. Just advice on what works for me :)

lyricalliaisons

For me, telling people how I feel makes things easier for me too. If I just stuff it in & pretend it doesn't exist, I feel worse. There's even a type of therapy called "ACT" (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) that involves accepting your problems & trying to cope with them.

market.garden

It works both ways for me. I'm better at dealing with certain things on my own, blocking it up and keeping it to myself and just getting on with it.

Other times I end up telling people certain things, which sometimes makes dealing with certain situations easier.

I always regret at some point telling people anything about my issues, it makes me feel exposed and I think I like being secretive to some extent.