Glycopyrrolate & Iontophoresis

NickM

I have not tried adding glycopyrrolate to my iontophoresis device. Why? Because for me, at the current time it isn't practical. Let me explain...

In every clinical study I've ever seen about glyco being added to tap water iontophoresis, the concentration of glyco was 0.05%. This number is crucial! I've seen posts on this site where people added their glyco tablets to their iontophoresis water, and they didn't have success. Why? They only added a few tablets.

Let's say you use 1L of tap water in each ionto tray (1000mL). The density of water is 1 g/mL. So 1000mL of water weighs 1000g. I did the math. If you want to reach the proper concentration of glyco (0.05%), then you need to add 0.5g to each 1000mL tub of water!

If you're crushing up tablets, hoping to make your iontophoresis more effective, in the above scenario, you would need 250 (2mg) tablets per tray! That's 500 total!

Basically, if you want to try adding glyco to your ionto, you need a power prescription of glyco that is designed for ionto. I do not have said prescription yet, but I'm waiting to hear back from the pharmacy about getting it.

Adding glycopyrrolate tablets to iontophoresis is unrealistic. I really hope this post helps people understand this!

-Nick

I understand it could just be a well rounded number for the purposes of this example, but nobody should be putting 1 litre of water into each tray. 450ml at most for hands, a little more for feet

NickM

I understand it could just be a well rounded number for the purposes of this example, but nobody should be putting 1 litre of water into each tray. 450ml at most for hands, a little more for feet

Actually it would depend on the volume of the tubs you're doing ionto in. For me, if I put 1000mL of water in my tubs, the waterline is halfway up the side of my hand, and I sweat from that area.

Actually it would depend on the volume of the tubs you're doing ionto in. For me, if I put 1000mL of water in my tubs, the waterline is halfway up the side of my hand, and I sweat from that area.
All trays supplied with machines of different brands seem to fall into one of two sizes and 1 litre is too much for either

So are you using different, after-market trays?

NickM

All trays supplied with machines of different brands seem to fall into one of two sizes and 1 litre is too much for either

So are you using different, after-market trays?

No, I have Hidrex made trays. 1L in those go up about halfway on my hands.