given up for a while

beckiboo

Hey all, ive had time out from doing Ionto treatments for a good 6 months now with my home-made machine, It started to seem like it wasnt working as well as when I started-and I sort of gave up with it all.

I had a holiday to Australia and I was hoping I could get dry for the 4 weeks I was there and it didnt work so I was sweaty all the time I was out there and it really put a downer on the holiday for me. I tried to not let it affect what I got up to, but it inevitably did of course. And I havent bothered with trying anything since..
now as its winter here it isnt so bad and only when im indoors is it uncontrollable but as summer approaches im getting desperate to give ionto another go. As the weather gets warmer its going to start getting worse and worse =(
SO..with a fresh start to attempting ionto treatments again in the next few weeks, anyone who has been very successfull or at least who has achieved comfortable results could you let me know your routine please?
I feel I messed up the last lot by trying too many different routines and it all went wrong.

I suppose people with the same symptoms as mine would probably be the best routines to follow, so if you have palmer and plantar HH and sometimes armpits too when youre really stressed or hot and my hands seem hot and swolen when its really bad too then Id liek to know how you achieved best results with ionto treatments at home..if you could include voltage too that would be great..

id really like to make it work this time and not give up hope! any help much appreciated, Becki =)

HH

Hi beckiboo
My palmer HH sounds different to yours but I'll post what treatment works for me....I started of by doing one treatment a day for two weeks for about 10-15 minutes and the voltage was around 11mA. I then cut down my treatments to two a week-same voltage-kept to that routine for several months now just one treatment a week seems to be okay at 8mA.

I know this condition can be a real problem not just physically but mentally as well that's why I'm passing on my treatment routines in the hope that it helps someone else like yourself.

Have you thought about getting a machine like the idromed or idrostar-that could improve things-I use the Idromed 4 GS. Good luck with the treatments

ultrafrost

hey, beckiboo, I am sorry to hear that.
did you do the iontophoresis therapy in australia and found it didn't work?
maybe the water there is not right for iontophoresis.

BiGz

Hey all, ive had time out from doing Ionto treatments for a good 6 months now with my home-made machine, It started to seem like it wasnt working as well as when I started-and I sort of gave up with it all.

I had a holiday to Australia and I was hoping I could get dry for the 4 weeks I was there and it didnt work so I was sweaty all the time I was out there and it really put a downer on the holiday for me. I tried to not let it affect what I got up to, but it inevitably did of course. And I havent bothered with trying anything since..
now as its winter here it isnt so bad and only when im indoors is it uncontrollable but as summer approaches im getting desperate to give ionto another go. As the weather gets warmer its going to start getting worse and worse =(
SO..with a fresh start to attempting ionto treatments again in the next few weeks, anyone who has been very successfull or at least who has achieved comfortable results could you let me know your routine please?
I feel I messed up the last lot by trying too many different routines and it all went wrong.

I suppose people with the same symptoms as mine would probably be the best routines to follow, so if you have palmer and plantar HH and sometimes armpits too when youre really stressed or hot and my hands seem hot and swolen when its really bad too then Id liek to know how you achieved best results with ionto treatments at home..if you could include voltage too that would be great..

id really like to make it work this time and not give up hope! any help much appreciated, Becki =)

Just curious what part of OZ did you visit? I'm in Western Australia. And don't give up keep experimenting.

Luna222

I had a holiday to Australia and I was hoping I could get dry for the 4 weeks I was there and it didnt work so I was sweaty all the time I was out there and it really put a downer on the holiday for me.

What did you use in Australia? I'm worried about my holiday this summer, I don't want to be soaking wet all the time.

Wouldn't worry about summer here too much though, it'll be over in a day ;)

iDShaDoW

I'm in the same boat, did iontophoresis last summer towards the end and it worked fairly well, winter comes rolling in and I'm like, what the heck, I don't really need to do it anymore for now.

Had a couple occasions in class where I started sweating and it was really uncomfortable.

Walked to class today and it's getting warmer and I started sweating which sucked so I pulled out my home-made ionto when I got home.

I have hands and feet (sometimes other areas too when it's really hot and humid but those don't concern me as much as hands and feet).

I do 10 minutes on each polarity for hands, then 10 minutes each polarity for feet. Planning to do it once a day for 2 weeks, then maybe 2 times a week after that since it seemed to work that way the first time around.

Good luck.

Last edited: