Getting through heartbreak

Steve23

Does anyone have any advice for getting through heartbreak? I feel pretty devastated right now...my first relationship and I feel so depressed, lost and numb inside. I don't really know what I'm looking for...support or advice. Just something to make the pain and numbness go away.

Much appreciated.

Steve23

Thank you for being frank Spike. I think I do realize it is something I need to get over on my own. It just hurts so much.

yup, it truly sucks.......

you either learn to deal with it, cause it may happen again in the future

or

just avoid it all together, so you never have to feel this type of pain again.

either way, the answer is time....

just wanna b normal

iv been there really...i had my heart broken b4! & i think if i had someone right now i wouldve been got over it but SA along with not having a job is stopping me from moving on! & yes it hurt like hell! heres some some wise words from a wise person, "Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us."
voltaire

so basically dont dwell on it!:)

KiaKaha

Banned
I have to agree with spike. Been there myself over three years and I can still feel a pang. It might be hard to believe right now but it does get better, just ride it out. Be kind to yourself, make a ton of threads and vent if you need to. It gets easier. Hang in there.