Getting rid of the fantasy?

lovelove

for the people who see psycologist? have you ever dicussed with them your fantasy? If so, did they let you know any ways you could slowly stop it? :?:

What kind of fantasy are you talking about? Like, a fantasy about life and how you want it to be? Or do you mean the fear of going out and living normally and such?

lovelove

My fantasy is kind of wierd actually.since I don't have ANY friends at all I fanatize about having friends.I fanatize about this more than living in the present time.Also I stay on the computer all day long.All my friends are people I don't know that I talk to on yahoo instant messenger.I have a profile on a lot of social network sites like myspace,tagged,blnk,etc just to make friends and talk to them.I feel like I can be my real self when I'm on the computer.Yeah..I know I have no life.Lol..but One day I decided to stop the fantasy to see how it would be and I was extremely sad & depressed.So I automactically thought that wasn't a good idea, I wanted to avoid becoming suicidal. IM SO SURE I have avoidant personality disorder. I just need to know what first step do I take to over come this fantasy and live my life?

I don't know that you have to let go of that fantasy. Of course, it's not be good to be fixated on that fantasy, but just stop thinking of it as a fantasy! Think of it as a goal.
Maybe the reason you're feeling so down about it is because you're not doing anything to achieve that goal? What if you tried going out and making just one friend, or just one acquaintance, or just try talking to a shop assistant and smiling at them! Actually doing something about it is much MUCH harder than sitting at home wishing you were better and had lots of friends, but if you really want it, then you can do it.
Just imagine if your fantasy could come true. It can! It's not a ridiculous fantasy, it's an achievable goal!
Would there be any night classes near you you could start attending? They would be really good, there would be no pressure to make friends because you'd be there for the class, it would be a relaxed, friendly situation and you could ease your way into interacting with people.

I really really do hope you do something about it, it doesn't have to be a fantasy! If you work at it, you can have it. If you're sure you have APD, go to your doctor and ask him/her to refer you to a psychologist or psychiatrist and then talk to them.

Good luck! :D