Getting lonely and depressed. What should I do?

i had pretty severe depression years ago. For the last few years I've been very happy and I thought my depression was all but gone.

Until now.

I recently had to move to a small town in the middle of nowhere for work. I was doing fine at first but I'm starting to feel my depression coming back. It's really lonely here. Social anxiety is making it impossible for me to make any friends. Not to mention I have nothing in common with anyone here. I really just wanna move back home. I'm starting to really hate it here. I miss my friends and my family and my hometown. I've been looking for a job in my field back home but I've had no luck. What should I do? Should I quit my job here and move back home for a while without even having a new job? Or should I stick it out here until I can find a job closer to home?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I can totally relate to what you are going through. I went through a similar thing a few years ago.
It's a tough one. People will tell you that if you aren't happy to move back home.

People will tell you to stick it out, until you get an job back home.

You need money/a job but you cant perform to your best ability without your mind in the right state.
So my advice would be to look for a job back home, really any job. just to bring in the dollars. then when your back home keep looking for a job until you land one that you are more suited to.
If your depression gets to the point where it's no longer worth your current job, then chuck it in and go home :)