Getting kind of worried.....

Yarp

:mad: How does life work out for people who are screwed like we are? I mean we are so afraid of saying anything (at least I am) it totally interferes with everything and makes life seemingly hopeless. How are we supposed to get a job, have a relationship, or live an even halfway normal or decent life? If someone has the answers, that'd be great because I sure don't..... :confused:

ps. I mostly posted this because the time for me to get a job is now (I'm 19) and it's even overdue, so I'm a little worried about how I'm going to be able to get one with my anxiety condition.

Last edited:

jesi

Jobs are a difficult one for us. Its extremely overwhelming to say the least. For me, I was in an administration position. I worked closely with 3 other people, which was tough with SA.

Whenever things become overwhelming I have the urge to 'hide'. If this happened at work, I would excuse myself to the bathroom and have some time out to get my head together. This would happen alot, but as I got used to my surroundings (took about 6 months) I found it a little less stressful to deal with.

Our workplace had suffered due to the financial crisis, and I was made redundant, so back to square one again. Aggghh!!

Relationships for us are extremely difficult to find. I have found someone with similar issues to myself, because the 'norm' simply cannot relate to us. Its challenging, but doable.

Cheers x

Yarp

Jobs are a difficult one for us. Its extremely overwhelming to say the least. For me, I was in an administration position. I worked closely with 3 other people, which was tough with SA.

Whenever things become overwhelming I have the urge to 'hide'. If this happened at work, I would excuse myself to the bathroom and have some time out to get my head together. This would happen alot, but as I got used to my surroundings (took about 6 months) I found it a little less stressful to deal with.

Our workplace had suffered due to the financial crisis, and I was made redundant, so back to square one again. Aggghh!!

Relationships for us are extremely difficult to find. I have found someone with similar issues to myself, because the 'norm' simply cannot relate to us. Its challenging, but doable.

Cheers x
Thanks for the reply
How'd you get through the interview?, that's the part I don't see going too well for myself...

jesi

I don't live with my parents and I spent 2 years in refuges cause no one would support me. I had no choice but to get a job, or else I probably would have done the unthinkable. So, in my mind I was like: if you don't get a job, you will have nothing. No food, clothes, a roof over your head, and you will die.

When I looked at the situation like this (maybe a little extreme for most) I had to get a job. My father committed suicide when I was young and I will never go there or be a failure like him. I HAD TO GET A JOB! lol. .

Oh, and one thing that helped was thinking, if I stuff this interview up, I'll never have to see them again!

Yarp

Oh man that's a much worse situation than me, I still live with my parent so theres need for a job also though, plus I'm 19 and my mom is getting on me about it all the time and she doesn't really know I have SA....

jesi

If she doesn't have it she may not understand. Nobody really gets it till they get it.. lol..

Its not all bad now. I have reasons to smile :)

Thanks matie x

zofia-life-coach

I know is really hard but actually the only way to get over it is actually to do it. Push yourself in all this sitations you drading and you'll get better. I know is hard but if you wont do it it will be only more and more difficult. I did it and and I have my life now. Be brave. You can do it. Good luck.