Getting help....

Erythrocyte

umm.... Hi there...:oops:
I’ve been putting it off for almost a year now, to go to a SA group meeting... I know when and where it is.... but there is just always something else that HAS to be done... like washing my hair.... vaccuming the walls... watching TV... doing some homework.... just something.... anything....8O
I have made huge progress this year... in december 2005 I picked up the phone and called a psychologist (it took 2 hours to get myself ready to make the call, and my pulse went up to 150 beats per minute 8O ). It’s one of the smartest things I have ever done in my whole life.. that been said... I still have a long way to go..:wink:
So I was thinking of going to a groupmeeting next Wednesday...:oops:
I guess I’m writing this just to try n get myself to go there....
I’ll probably just procrastinate a bit longer....:roll:
But I wanted to ask you all.....Have any of you been to a groupmeeting or a selfhelp...class...or something..for SA..?....How was it? did it help?... :oops: :oops:

Keara

Erythrocyte, just go. I am sure it will help. You are lucky you have something like that to go to in your area, here there is nothing. Although if there was I'd be the same as you, procrastinating. But go anyways, it has to help.

sickofbeinglonely

Hi Erythrocyte,

I joined a local SA group about a year ago after some initial hesitation. I made a few very good friends through the group. Although there's now more members and I don't know them (as the group rarely has meetings offline), I'm grateful to have met those people.

So in a way it did at least help me to meet some new people. Hopefully, it will also be a good experience for you. :)