"get some confidence about yourself"!!!!

FOR REAL

Banned
"get some confidence about yourself"!!!!
dont you just hate when people say that to you??
as if its the most natural and easy thing to do!

i seem to go 1 step forward and 10 steps back

Beyondshy

"I don't know why you're not more confident. You're not stupid. You're not ugly. You're not selfish... Blah blah blah" - my mother on a daily basis... Right before she tells me how useless I am for not doing something properly!

klytus

Heh. I find compliments sometimes more depressing than actually debasing comments. "You are bright, you have great looks, you smell sweet, you are funny, you have a great smile, yada yada..." are more hurtful than the truth ("You are boring and likely no human alive wants to be with you.") is. And, yes, I find it unpleasant to be told to get some confidence about myself.

BlackKids

I used to work in retail/manufacturing so I would be very common for me to be in other peoples houses. Something which always made me uncomfortably especially if they watched me work.
One time I was working in a house and the house keeper kept following me. After I while she said. "Would you get something about yourself. You don't have any confidence" to which my reply was "Well as long as I don't have a face like yours I'll be happy" . It was a natural reaction lol