Frustrated

RND_CHR

I went out with my friends yesterday. Also one of them brought his sister and her friend. So there were 3 guys I was friends with, 2 girls I never met before. My friends were only really interested in talking to those girls and I had nothing to say to the girls because I didnt know them. We were at bars for 4 hrs. That shit sucked so bad. I wish I had something to say but I wished more that I wasnt there. I think I just made it more akward for everyone else because I wasnt part of the conversation. Ugh

grakovsky

yeah that happens to me like at a friends house, and they actually thought I was normal and cool but when girls came over and they were always giggling and they all knew each other but I didn't and they look at me like a loser from school all I did was sit there I had no idea what to say...I'm still feeling extremely embarrassed from that night...just sitting there...like an idiot...god...

monkeyisland90

Yeah i've been there and it really sucks when you feel that you're like a ghost and they just walk pass you and think you don't exist... I'm sure most of them aren't mean or stuck up but having nothing to say or having awkward behaviour kind of makes them react that way so i feel it's always my fault and not theres. It seems that when there is always females involved I pretty much shut myself down and get concsious about everything... if i'm with guys who i never met before i can usually act wierd but girls you have to be different and be more thoughtful..

RND_CHR

Wow, thanks for all the great replies. To be honsest, it has nothing to do with gender. What got to me is that we were all sitting around and everyone was having side conversations. I just couldn't feel like I could ever having something to say in that situation to anyone. But I'm not too good at talking in the first place. Also, it felt like I had to fight for attention which I'm not good at doing.

Weirdo

What is worse? They ignore you as if you were a ghost, OR they say "hey, why are you so quiet? say something" At that point I just make a stupid grin and start blushing. :oops:

enchantress24

Weirdo said:
What is worse? They ignore you as if you were a ghost, OR they say "hey, why are you so quiet? say something" At that point I just make a stupid grin and start blushing. :oops:

Yup. I get the same question all the time..'what's wrong?' I usually just say I'm tired or I have a headache :( It's not like they actually really care what's really wrong with me.

Adrie35

I've gone through this situation too. Like i'm not exist at all and they are continue their conversation. But what feel the worst is your FRIENDS are treating you like ghost too... what a "friend". Getting more worst to feel... is this called friendship?