From Sweden with major issues

Hikikomori90

Hey, I would like to start out by saying I fkn love the fact that I found out that there's a lot of people like me out there, not that there is others with my problem just... you know. For the past eight years I've been hiding at home or behind any kind of alcohol/drugs at the clubs. NO MORE! I've gotten so fkn sick of this ****! I WANT OUT OF THIS PRISON! The only problem is that without my alcohol I'm a ****less **** without any fkn reason to leave the apartment, or even work for that matter... For some years now I might have done things most people would consider wrong, they just seem right now and its with the only friends I've got... How do I get social sober? I've managed from time to time to get used to social encounters but then after a while it fades and I start to wonder, deliberate and really think over what peoples intentions are when they're talking to me... It even goes to an extent that I dont even hear what they say when I talk to them, so when I am expected to respond I have no friggin idea what to say!

The past month or so a psychologist have said to me that from what she have heard I might suffer from Social phobia, ADHD, Alcoholism & Depression... I mean after 15 years of school and no idiot has been there to notice this! I have lost all my chances at a decent education or job... in my current situation people offer me "quick fixes" as they call it and as it feels tempting I dont want to stoop to the bottom of the glass... my friends doesnt really give a **** about how I feel, they just want to party and Im ok with that its just that I cant be with them without alcohol or drugs... Is there anyone out there that might identify with my situation?

There's a lot of talk and less doing at the clinic I'm going to so things move so fkn slow... Countless teachers has missed my behaviour and its fkn frustrating to think that if they would've found out 10 years ago I might have been a professor of some sort!

Thank you!
troubled 21yo ::(:

Hikikomori90

No one feels the same way I suppose, well it was worth a try. maybe I am alone out there... I suppose there's not much to do bout it, thanks anyways

jonas89

Hi and first of all welcome to the forum neighbour :) you're definitely not alone and Im sure some on here can relate to what you have experience of some sort, I really didn't know what social anxiety or panic attack were until 3 years ago and Im 22 now, and I have been having social anxiety since I remember myself.
There's still plenty of time to educate yourself well. Im beginning school just now.

I dont know if this helps you but I wish you the very best,

welcome to the forum!

i'm sure u'll find more people with some issues here, hope it can help u in some way!

sullyS25

Hey, I would like to start out by saying I fkn love the fact that I found out that there's a lot of people like me out there, not that there is others with my problem just... you know. For the past eight years I've been hiding at home or behind any kind of alcohol/drugs at the clubs. NO MORE! I've gotten so fkn sick of this ****! I WANT OUT OF THIS PRISON! The only problem is that without my alcohol I'm a ****less **** without any fkn reason to leave the apartment, or even work for that matter... For some years now I might have done things most people would consider wrong, they just seem right now and its with the only friends I've got... How do I get social sober? I've managed from time to time to get used to social encounters but then after a while it fades and I start to wonder, deliberate and really think over what peoples intentions are when they're talking to me... It even goes to an extent that I dont even hear what they say when I talk to them, so when I am expected to respond I have no friggin idea what to say!

The past month or so a psychologist have said to me that from what she have heard I might suffer from Social phobia, ADHD, Alcoholism & Depression... I mean after 15 years of school and no idiot has been there to notice this! I have lost all my chances at a decent education or job... in my current situation people offer me "quick fixes" as they call it and as it feels tempting I dont want to stoop to the bottom of the glass... my friends doesnt really give a **** about how I feel, they just want to party and Im ok with that its just that I cant be with them without alcohol or drugs... Is there anyone out there that might identify with my situation?

There's a lot of talk and less doing at the clinic I'm going to so things move so fkn slow... Countless teachers has missed my behaviour and its fkn frustrating to think that if they would've found out 10 years ago I might have been a professor of some sort!

Thank you!
troubled 21yo ::(:

I know how you feel, I too suffered from alcoholism and drug addiction and was diagnosed with ADD and social phobia as well......In my opinion, the number one thing you need to do is get sober....if you continue to drink and use drugs your problems will get worse.....That I can guarantee. There is a point in addiction or alcoholism where the drugs or alcohol don't work like they used to....and you use them to be normal.....Im sure you know this but if you don't i can tell you from experience.

I would recommend going to AA. I know you are from Sweden but it is a world wide program. It isn't a cult, they won't tell you what to believe either.....They know how you feel because the have all been there....like you can't continue living while drinking but at the same time you can't live without the drink.....They have been there. I know it is hard as you have "SAD". So do I.....I recommend going to a meeting, saying you are very shy but you need help and don't know what to do....Then they will do all the talking.....or you can try and do it on your own but in my experience, that doesn't work.

I wish you the best and if you have any questions feel free to ask

sullyS25

Let me add that I also wanted to learn to be a "social drinker" and if you are truly an alcoholic......I have some bad news for you.....it is not possible.....I learned that the hard way.....I tried control my consumption numerous times and ended up passed out with numerous bottles next to my bed

crazymind

You need to stay away from alcohol and drugs...those shits really don't help us in anyway, they just make our condition worse...I was once a marijuana addict myself but then I dropped from my addiction because I figured it out that it wasn't helping me in any way....you need to start spending more time with people who don't deal with drugs...try joining spending more time with folks from your church if you attend any, they are always willimg to give a helping hand to people who went thru many shits in life and wants to change....try also going for healthy hobbies like playing soccer or any other type of sport...you will be helping your body and your mind also because sports or any other form of exercise keeps our minds more relaxed and once our mind is more relaxed we tend to feel much at peace with ourselves...practicing sports will also ensure that you make automatic friendships with many other new people...

"Believing is the key to success"