from social anxiety to schizophrenia

Hello.
It´s been a long time since I have been on this forum and a lot has happened since. I have not posted anything then I was a teenager but I will now.
I was never diagnosed with social anxiety because my psychologist in secondary school. Who never gave me an official diagnosis of the disorder, she didn´t think it was anything serious.
But 4 years ago when I was about 28 years old I went into a mental hospital becuase of symptoms of schizophernia. It was a complication of my social anxiety disorder that caused it. I urge anybody with this disorder to seek help.

voodoochild16

Hi there!,
I also had a late diagnosis of SA, in fact I found the information online and printed it out, brought it to my therapist at the time and he fully agreed I was right. That was around 2005-2008 but can't fully remember. No one truly understands this disorder unless you go through it yourself, and I've met a lot of different mental health professionals that know nothing about it and just don't understand.

Now the Schizophrenia your talking about, it's very real. I also suffer from this. I was also hospitalized. It was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

I now take medication for the Schizophrenia and nothing for SA, I just deal with the SA on my own. I work 2 days a week and can handle social situations decently well, I'm not a super outgoing guy though, I guess I can at least handle it.

Anyways, if you want to know more just PM me.