Friend on Lexapro

Whoracle

I have a friend whose been taking different anti depressents since he was I think 13. He's 15 now and on lexapro.

I didn't know him before he was on medication, but currently he just doesnt seem right. His speech is slow and you can tell when he's thinking about something it just takes him longer than it should. I was wondering if this is a result of his medication. Cause it really makes me sad if it is.

jennismortal

LEXAPRO is the active component of the antidepressant Celexa. It was created using a relatively new approach that removed inactive ingredients in Celexa – yielding a safer and more potent form of the medication.
But because LEXAPRO contains a more purified form of the active ingredient in Celexa, it can be given at a much lower dose, providing powerful therapy in a well-tolerated SSRI. A clinical trial of LEXAPRO in people with moderate to severe depression found that a dose of 10 mg per day of LEXAPRO was as effective as a dose of 40 mg a day of Celexa.

Jake123

Banned
Well, for one he's still developing and guess what those medications do? They alter your brain chemistry and affect the development of the brain. It's why psychiatric medication isn't recommended for children, and on every antidepressant label it says "Not for use in children under 18", yet psychiatrists still prescribe it without a second thought. It puts a band-aid on a problem yet creates many more.