Forced to go to museum tomorrow.

SlipStream7

I don't have SA as bad as some folks here, but I do have it......and I'm in for some "fun" tomorrow when I'm being dragged off to some museum in DC with my family. I'm on break from college and yet I still can't avoid these "family activities" which seem to always be activities that I dread.

Today we went to the Pentagon for a private tour and that was bad enough, then I find out tomorrow I have to go to this museum......to make matters worse we're riding the metro.

So tomorrow I'll be sitting on the metro, self conscious as hell, next to my parents who are embaressing to be around.....going somewhere that doesn't interest me (in fact it scares me)......all for the sake of "family activities."

I'm in freakin college and yet i have to do this crap, anyone else have similar situations? I can't say "no" to stuff like this because my parents would say "you sit around all day anyways, stop being selfish. Can't you spend one damn day with your family?"

Little do they know, spending "quality time" with my family puts me through my own personal hell before and during the event. Afterwards I'm only in a good mood because it's finally over.

jiujitsu

Haha, I had a similar experience on Christmas Eve. It's a tradition to go to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Christmas Eve and every year it's awful for me. Awkward, uncomfortable, people all around. Glad it's over now though. 8)

Smokeringz

go dude, look at its as a learning experience. Im going to the zoo towmorow and im hyped, if worst comes to worst ill just stray off alone and go to the reptile exibite :)

Weirdo

Thank god we never do any family trips like the ones you mentioned. We do, however,visit my grandmother occasionaly, but that's not such a big deal, except that it's a waste of 1 whole day of the weekend.