For a few seconds i feel good?

Sacrament

I know what you mean. Sometimes, I get this feeling that I can take over the world.

Strange, isn't it?

dan_e

Happens to me too. If things could only stay that way. I try to imagine sometimes what other people's feelings are like. What it feels like to be "normal." Do you know what I mean?
Also, hearing them complain about everyday things I can't help but think they could never handle living like we do.

feffer

Yeah I get it too sometimes, for a few seconds, feeling happy and like I can do anything, confident that all my dreams will come true. Planets, er... brain chemicals aligning in perfect harmony.

that1guy

yeah I experience the same thing but for about two to three hours, partically in the morning when I take my meds. I take a medication called vyvanse. This med is basically for young kids but for me it works wonders. I always feel motivated and strong for myself after I take vyvanse. I actually feel like doing things! But after that 2-3 hours, im basically a bad mood zombie. In the morning, I have an enjoyable experience everyday, but its downhill from there. I get in a bad mood right before lunch, and it gets worst as the day goes along. But really, im not even sure what causes it. I know I have SAD but the real cause of my mood swing is either the meds wearing off, or just because I absolutely hate all my classes in the afternoon. I like all my classes in the morning because I like the people who I am surrounded by. Still, it doesn't make sense that I am always pissed during the afternoons when nothing has really amde me mad. So can anybody, who just read this, tell which is the cause for my bad additude afternoons? cause its really starting to concern me.

social_failure

I get this feeling sometimes too. It's really awesome while it lasts, I feel like actually talking to someone without worrying about it. But then after like 1 or 2 minutes, it just goes away... I wish i felt like that all the time. I wonder why it just goes away?

@ that1guy: It is possible that you feel bad later in the afternoon because of the meds. I've never personally taken those meds before, but I know that some of them can make you feel like sh*t afterwards. Just a suggestion: try not taking it for a day and see if you still get the same effect.

glamorous

I've experienced this feeling, too. When it happens, it almost feels like I could conquer the world if I wanted to. It does feel like all of my dreams are a moment away from coming true...then it just disappears.

I wish I could make it stay. Heck, I wish we all could find a way to make this feeling stay.

Caseums21

I get the same way. It's only about 10 minutes or a little longer and then it goes away. I love the feeling but hate knowing that it doesn't last long.

that1guy

I take the vyvanse to keep me awake in class. I can tell it works pretty damn good because when I don't, I literally can not keep my head up in class. So im not gonna go to school without it, tryin to get better grades...

ljwwriter

Yes, I have had that feeling. And no it doesn't ever last long. But I've heard that no matter what we always return to our basic level of happiness or unhappiness. I guess some of us are just stuck with the latter due to our anxieties.

I do love those short burst of positive feelings, though. They do make you feel alive and like life really means something special. But then it fizzles out. Flat like an old soda.

tpdarlo

The emotion is called bliss and it's not clear to me what creates it. I think that "normal people" experience bliss for the same short period, not constantly. To you they may appear to be constantly blissful, but I don't think they are. Minds are relative in that way.

wooaah

I find that i can get it after doing some really strenuous exercise. It sucks during the exercise part. But afterward when my body is in total pain, my mind is flying. totally worth the trade.