food for thought....

Aussie_Lad

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success."
- Thomas J. Watson

taken from Positive Thinking | Facebook

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Wait... there's no actual food being offered here... *storms out*

No lol that's a very good quote. Makes you think. It's true - mistake is so horrible a thing in heads esp in front of others or possibility of being judged on them and valued by them - but it's how we ultimately learn.

abner

Thought ....

Food for live and never live for food . Always in every stage of life we should try to get safe and healthy food to remain healthy and without diseases.
Provo personal trainer

Last edited:

Aron

What if someone never learns from his mistakes, and keeps making them again and again? This just makes me more miserable, and I hate myself more.

Aussie_Lad

What if someone never learns from his mistakes, and keeps making them again and again? This just makes me more miserable, and I hate myself more.

Welcome to the forum Aron.

It always helps to get another opinion on things that you are finding difficult to learn. This can be Councillors, family, friends, or even internet forums such as these ones.

Surrogate

It always helps to get another opinion on things that you are finding difficult to learn. This can be Councillors, family, friends, or even internet forums such as these ones.

Well, when you make a mistake you learn what NOT to do, whether you know it straightfowardly or you learn the situation subconciously.
So either way you're constantly learning and adapting.. and really, NO ONE can keep making them over and over and over again. Eventually, it'll be like your survival instinct to NOT repeat the same mistake you repeated one million times before. Practice makes perfect.. in this case, mistakes after mistakes do as well.

Also, there's a reason that luck's on your side, so take advantage of it!

Aron

Thanks.

That's the thing, I don't want anyone's help. To be honest, I already regretted that I registered here, because I know I won't take anyone's advice, I never did, and people don't like that. I don't want to be rude, I'm just stubborn as hell. I guess I was more interested in that if there's anybody else feeling like me.

Well, when you make a mistake you learn what NOT to do, whether you know it straightfowardly or you learn the situation subconciously.
So either way you're constantly learning and adapting.. and really, NO ONE can keep making them over and over and over again. Eventually, it'll be like your survival instinct to NOT repeat the same mistake you repeated one million times before. Practice makes perfect.. in this case, mistakes after mistakes do as well.

Also, there's a reason that luck's on your side, so take advantage of it!

Well it depends on the mistakes of course, I learned that leaving my shoes untied would cause me to tip over. So to be clear, I'm talking here about SA, and the behaviour that originates from it. If everybody learned from their mistakes, then sure people would grew out of SA in time. They would learn not to postpone things until you can't postpone it any more. They would learn not to take automatic negative thoughts seriously. I'm around 30, and yet I still didn't learn those. Moreover, it seems to me that I don't even want to learn. Funny you mention survival instinct, a person who knows me said that it's like I don't have one.

Sorry for so much negativity, it's just the way I am.

How is luck on my side? I don't follow, where that even came from?