Fluoxetine the wonder drug

Neebo

Hi everyone! :) I haven't posted on here for a good while. As far as my SA is concerned,things are going great at the moment :) I've been doing things I never thought possible and its all thank's to Fluoxetine. since taking Fluoxetine I have changed a great deal. My anxiety,which was crippling before has lessened so much,I have never felt so relaxed outside before! :D I've gone from somebody who was a total recluse to somebody who can now go shopping on their own in a crowded shopping centre. I can now go supermarket shopping on my own and I even mustered up enough courage to catch the bus to college one day :) Although I still feel a bit nervous at time's, I'm starting to feel like a different more confident person. I am now coming off Fluoxetine,before I used to take one everyday,now I take one every five day's,but I still feel fine and have had no withdrawal effects whatsoever :) I have also started doing voluntary work once a week at a cafe. But when I have really grown in confidence,I hope to join the police force as it is something I have alway's wanted to do. I recommend that if there is anybody out there like me,who used to suffer from sever SA, that they try Fluoxetine. I wholeheartedly believe that it can really change you're life for the better! :D

loserinamailbox

Hey I just started Prozac too! I'm still on a low level dose though, so I guess I'll see how it goes. Glad it worked for you!

jennismortal

I completely agree with you. Fluoxetine is of the drug classification of selective serotonin re uptake inhibitors, which helps to maintain a higher level of the neurotransmitter, serotonin in the brain. It is primarily prescribed for adolescents, adult men and women and the elderly, but occasionally is also prescribed for children.A statistical analysis of 13 studies of the medication finds that it is no more effective than the older generation of antidepressants it has largely swept from the marketplace.But Fluoxetine is not without side effects of its own. The most notable are edginess, nausea, insomnia, weight gain and sexual difficulties, both in reaching orgasm and, for men, in maintaining erections.

antipop621

Fluoxetine was pretty life changing for me as well. I think it "cured" my depression, as I've been off it for a while and feel pretty good. It didn't help my SA though, so I'm trying Cymbalta at the moment for that.

FOR REAL

Banned
i have to be honest here and say that Fluoxetine/prozac made me worse, i cant really explain the feeling because it was years ago (despair would be a good word).
the reason im typing this in here is incase someone else who is taking this med feels the same as i did, if you do tell your doc you want another kind

but for you guys that it works for thats great
Ozzy Osbourne takes it and he seems happy enough