First discovering you have OCD

Anonymous

Hi am chris,

I have just found out that have OCD am i am getting all depressed about it and was wonderong if anyone else felt like this when they first discovered it.

Thanks

bre

i kno wat u mean. i always new there was sumthin different about me. but just recently ive been lookin up ocd cuz a friend of mine had it and her symptoms sounded similar 2 mine. so i found this site and made a post tellin about all the symptoms i had and everyone said that they were 99% sure i had it. i've been depressed and scared ever since. its kinna makin me lik sumthins wrong wit me or i'm not normal or somethin

NotCreepy

Yes, I was diagnosed as well. The way I've heard it explained very well is...

It's like walking around all day with a silly child at your side who constantly acts up, and you get looks as if you are a bad parent.

I just say bad words, it's usually under my conscious awareness (it's like I'm constantly brainstorming and I don't realize when my thought turn to words.

...anyone relate?

saraz

NotCreepy said:
It's like walking around all day with a silly child at your side who constantly acts up, and you get looks as if you are a bad parent.
What an excellent explanation! Which gives me an idea. When a child demonstrates this kind of behavior it needs some kind of specific attention. Something important has been ignored and he is afraid to ask for it. Find out what you are ignoring about yourself and are afraid to face. It might be scary but better to face it and deal with it then go through life this way. I guess you are a parent to your inner child and not a bad one, just inexperienced.