First day of school - over

paul

phew - I survived the first day. well, that's kind of a given, huh? It didn't turn out nicely but I didn't expect it to. It started out okay, I was with my old friends and that was good - but things turned worse when my Spanish teacher started asking people questions in Spanish - that means talking in front of everybody! Lunch went surprisingly well, recess wasn't so - oh god I swear we're in 8th grade I don't think we need recess anymore. 8O

3 more days - then the sleepover - I'm praying I'll get some unexpected violent illness that lasts just one day so I don't have to go :p

Chilling__Echo

glad you're ok. sleepover?

and i swear i can't wrap my head around the fact that you're in 8th grade, you sound so much older and mature! (so no offense)

Dovir

When I was in the 8th grade we still had recess outside too. I started school sometime before labor day (august 30th I think).

I'm glad you survived!

paul

Our school is going on this trip thing - for Friday overnight till Saturday - we're going with the whole middle school swimming and boating (oh joy :roll:)
and I never really thought of myself as a particularly mature person but thank you!

edit: Most schools stop recess when you're in 5th grade - quite a mystery why we still have it, heh. It's a long commute to my school, so I get home around 4:20pm usually, I wish we didn't have recess - it'd definitely shorten my day (30 minutes!)

redlady

Chilling__Echo wrote:

and i swear i can't wrap my head around the fact that you're in 8th grade, you sound so much older and mature! (so no offense)

My thoughts exactly - but he already knows this - in my opinion it just makes him all the more impressive. Can you imagine how he will be as a full grown man - WOW!, the mind boggles.

I am very happy that it went - well didn't end up as disastrous as you feared , at least that wasn't realised. And remember that for your sleepover - very rarely are our disgracefully negative thoughts on future events ever realised in reality - now you just to get that to sink deep, deep into the subconscious - and when you find how to do that would you please enlighten me :p No, i am sure you will be fine paul - you seem to me someone who can handle himself well - you have the intelligence and common sense to do so.