Finding Someone thats right

Scottish_Player

I know alot of people on here have problems with relationships but not all.
I personaly do,theres this girl/woman what ever you like to call her that used to go to the same school as me,she is about 2 years younger than me (iam now 23) and you know that way i can see shes the one for me even although i have never realy spoken to her.

Its at times like this i wish i didnt have SA and i was a more confident person.She lives about 1 mile from me and i see her often when iam out driving.I saw her today again which is why iam talking about her on this post.Everytime i see her its like the sun has just come out,she puts a smile on my face and i feel good for a short while until i realise iam never realy going to get the chance to talk to her if i never go out (socialy).
She knows my brother better than she does me and my brother has told me she was asking for me and shes asked what iam doing with myself (work wise) but the thing is i feel like a stalker sometimes and i hate myself for it.I know where she works and what time she finishes,i only know this by accident as i see her on this certain road at a certain time most days,so i will go out my way to see her.

I think she did like me at one point as when i did see her she would give me a little smile and me being the idiot that iam i never done anything about it,but i think my time has passed with her personaly to do anything about it.What i woudnt give now to go back and change it all :roll:

There is no real point to this post its just me giving a little insight into myself,it strange how ive never spoken to her and yet feel so much for her,i know this sounds soppy but it just the way i feel

Scottish_Player

Thanks for the reply,i only wish it was that simple.I even searched friends reunited and faceparty.com in the hope that i might have seen her name and i could have sent her a friendly email just to get talking to her but i dont even know if she has a comp.I hadnt seen her in months and then i seen her today and it brings back all these feelings.

Its diffrent from what i have felt with other people,the fact that i think she likes or did like me and i can do nothing about it makes it worse.

I think having someone to share mylife with would help my SA immensly as i would have some extra motivation to do things for,i would have reasons to go tho the cinema,to go shopping and to go trips away for the day all that kinda stuff.like ive said before its the only part of SA that bothers me is not having a relationship,i dont care about not having mates or not going to the pub's or club's i would just like someone to share my life with. :roll:

maggie

hey Scottish_Player..could your brother tell this woman that you are interested in her, but also let her know your situation? If she has asked about you in the past, she may still be interested, just thinkin you are not; maybe she's shy too?..i think relationships are one of the hardest hurdles for us..and i agree with what you say about having a partner to encourage going out more socially :roll:

Chilling__Echo

go for it by all means!!! :D she seems like a really nice gal, esp if she smiles at you and everything. if she makes you feel so good, gain some confidence from it, somewhere inside you're getting that feeling for a reason. get your bro to drop some good info about you and ask her if she wants to chill sometime. i'm not good with this stuff, but whatever you do don't let her get away without doing something, don't let yourself regret not saying something :D :D :D :D

Scottish_Player

Iam not going to lie to you's on her and say that i will do somthing about it because i know i just wont,but at the same time i just realy wish i could.

Never having been loved hurts so so much,cause even althouht ive never had love i know it is missing from me.The thought of going throught the rest of my life alone is worrying.i dont realy have anyway of meeting people as my job is 98% guys and i never go any where that i could meet some one, but iam trying not to focus on it too much and maybe it will happen when iam least expecting it :)

Ive only ever been hugged once in my adult life and the feeling of it sticks in my head till this day,it was my neightbour (female) i helped her out with someting and she hugged me to say thanks,and it felt great just to be touched by someone else,it was like a big transfer of energy and like my whole body came alive :D

Anyway who knows whats around the corner ,i can only live in hope :wink:

introvert

Your description of being hugged rings home to me as well. Actually, I had that same frame of mind, that I would never meet anyone for a long time and was all depressed about it for about 4 years (im 20 now). But be assured you will meet someone, I never thought it possible, but in the last 4 months or so I've actually hooked up with two women. Ok so the first didn't last, but I'm currently with the second and it's a learning process. So don't give up and good luck. :D

tupac

man this happened to me before many times. i wanted to ask out alot of girls in high school but never had the guts too. so my advice to you is go for it. whats the worst that could happen. she could say no or maybe you might do sumthing silly on your date? shit happens man, to everybody. all i can say is if dont do this you'll just regret it and wonder what would have happened if u went for it . i know regret not asking out the girls i wanted to go out with.

StreetWorm

tupac said:
man this happened to me before many times. i wanted to ask out alot of girls in high school but never had the guts too. so my advice to you is go for it. whats the worst that could happen. she could say no or maybe you might do sumthing silly on your date? shit happens man, to everybody. all i can say is if dont do this you'll just regret it and wonder what would have happened if u went for it . i know regret not asking out the girls i wanted to go out with.

Yeah, I agree.

I think the best way for me to get over it is to just tell myself over and over again that if I don't talk to such and such girl I'm really going to regret it later on. It seems that the majority of my high school career is based on these types of regrets and I want to end it knowing I tried at least.

Still SP I know that helpless feeling when you want to do something so much but you absolutely refuse to just do it. It's one of the worst feelings on earth. When I do that type of thing it almost feels like I'm watching myself from outside and I just shake my head because I know that this guy is doing something incredibly foolish and probably just out of selfishness because he's afraid of rejection.

Good luck man, I wish I could help you but I think this is something you will have to accomplish mostly by yourself (or with your brothers help). When you do talk to her you will wonder why it was so hard in the first place but until you DO talk to her that really won't help too much. Again, good luck. For what it's worth, I'm rooting for you.