Fighting back and defending your self

TAMPA-BAY

Many people on this site are upset about the spam but are not seeing the bigger picture about what happned.

Members thats are normaly shy stood up and fought back. Yes its only online but I think that just wonderful to see members rallying together.

TAMPA-BAY

MOST people on this site spend their whole life being picked on and being bullied. Just the act of them trying to post conter reply is a huge stem. Realisticly we can only do so much since we are not the webmasters but I saw posotive progress from the many members who are all shy.

It was only a symbolic gester of fighting back but in the long run you and other members will see the posotive. Even if you just thought about responding to the poster and never got the courage to hit the submit botton is a step in the right direction.

Thats the irony of the whole thing is that. The troll/hacker though he was hurting us but he is the loser because complaining gets you what? Nothing. At some point you got to look in the mirror and ask the person looking back what can you do to thats with in your control. That troll can shut down this site for all i care. There are hundred of forums many more modornize than this one. Shuting down or disrupting this site will get you nothing. They problems will still be there stareing them in the mirror.LOL LOL LOL

Satine

This is a well-established forum and it's such a shame there are so few mods here. I genuinely think a push should be made to have more. Maybe an existing mod should put up a sticky asking for applications?

TAMPA-BAY said:
MOST people on this site spend their whole life being picked on and being bullied. Just the act of them trying to post conter reply is a huge stem.

Although, ironically, it's counterproductive as the troll feeds on being vilified.

faithnomore

Banned
Naniwazu said:
I don't see how we fought back? The guy/guys were all over the place.

Its just one guy. And if it was real life, he would have been sorted out by now.

Its the fact that there are only 2 mods on these forums, that the "slut" guy gets away with it.

The guy wont leave these forums alone, even though no-one wants him here.

Patrick123

If the webmaster is dead or something...

Wouldn't it be somewhat fascinating and ironic to hear that the webmaster's rotting corpse was found in a dingy, solitary appartment...?

Is there a mass-suicide planned for August, when our online support world may or may not come to an end?

Nervous

How do you know the domain expires in August? Maybe someone can start a new social phobia forum by then.

Last month I joined psychforums.com. Their social phobia forum isn't very busy though. They have 18 moderators and spam is usually deleted pretty quick.