Few things that might help you!

Neil Young

Last few months have been relatively good for me. I reckon these are because of certain ideological changes that i have brought about in my perception of life. Hope some of these may help you too!

1. Understanding the truth of life is what I believe can bring us peace.
a) Learn about the size of the universe.
Imagine the scenes when you look onto earth from space. Understand how the small things that bring you great discomfort in daily life loose their significance when seen from farther and farther distances in the universe. Even the 'magical' life on earth becomes worthless.
b) Learn about the time-scale of the existence of the universe. Think about how things have changed in past 14 billion years.
c) We are all extremely lucky to be alive. And in this infinity of space and time, what are we worried about?!
d) Charles Darwin's theory of evolution is the greatest theory ever cause it best explains us the true meaning of reality.

2. Learn about the Buddhist morality-KINDNESS.
Read about the Seven deadly sins and the seven heavenly virtues as taught by the Christians. Learn how Pride is deadliest of them all. I believe that it is our Pride that is mainly responsible for our social anxiety.
Practice humility.
Practice kindness.
Practice patience.
And be active.
I dont follow any particular religion and i dont believe in God. But, it amazed me how much peace these virtues can bring to our minds.

4. Review whether your SA is the side-effect of some other psychological disorder. This is because you cannot cure a side effect, you need to remove the root-cause.

5. Think hard. Never believe a thing until you satisfy yourself.

Last edited: