"Few days ago i start celexa(citalopram)"

DespairSoul

Hello everyone,

Well today have been 5 day what i started celexa (citalopram)

I'm already having side effects like withdrawal, dry mouth, heavy chest, stomach floating, first day i had also headache and second day now not anymore, but the worse for me is accept headache which i don't have anymore, "bloody eyes" yesterday i even couldn't watch screen of computer coz of it
*sad face *

Also i was researching little and i found some forum where people was saying that take few weeks that body get use to it for SSRI drug, also i found they had issues with stomach and headache too, but nothing about "bloody eyes or dry eyes which hurts and are sensitive for day light"

Help pls, if u have any idea why i have those issue? Eyes are quiet annoying issue...and i don't know how to cope with it. Maybe drops for fake tears but i don't think so cuz they dry eyes too. Special "visine and such.

*Advice appreciated*;)

Edit> Positiveness> I feel less anxious and more calmer as usually. Well is too soon say it if "SSRI" is good for me enough to progress but i see change and i feel happier on it, if effect of pill go down, i'm again old me(depressed) with the same thoughts, with pill i think less about stuff, and i don't focus so often on repeating thoughts, but if i try it go shop i was somehow slower and to much long hanging on stuff like staring on one thing lol, still was huge progress go shop for me i don't know if i would be able do it everyday but my "victory was just go ones". I was going shop maybe ones per month or twice with out pill( *HUGE VICTORY*) and my feeling was no for describing, now i was feeling more confidence but also i was feeling more blank like no thoughts hard to say what is better. I wasn't excited about idea take pills but i felt so trapped and upset i wasn't seeing any changes with out, maybe now i will do it better wish me luck frends:) I wish for all of u find your way how to feel more harmful.

Last edited:

Claryce

hello despairsoul. dry eyes is a rare side effect of taking this. talk to your doctor or pharmicist about eye drops??

Celexa ( Symptoms or Effects )
Celexa ( Citalopram ) data sheet
Rare: Abnormal dreams, acne, aggressive behavior, alcohol intolerance, angina ( chest pain ), arthritis, belching, bone pain, breast enlargement, breast pain, bronchitis, bruising, chills, conjunctivitis (pinkeye), decreased muscle movements, delusions, dermatitis, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, dizziness, drug dependence, dry eyes

DespairSoul

@ Claryce

Thank u for your advice and posting about side effects, yeah i find out something similar on google but i was seeing is actually in "rare" and was very unpleasant with eyes, i couldn't barely see coz was casing me burning pain and they was a lot red. Today i feel little better if is going about eyes but if i wake up they was sensitive and i couldn't look to day light with out pain. I will try get some good drops yes u are right, maybe would be solution or ex-change medication if wouldn't be bearable. Also i hope not other side effects what would be rare i will not experience. Already i did if going about chest pain but was ok agains the eyes.